Thread: Frame Swap?

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    your gonna sand blast it in the garage?
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

Shaggy
    lowe's and home depot dont carry sandblasting sand... the air compressor will work fine for this little sandblaster that i have here although it will probably run the whole time... and i am not sure if i am gonna do it in the garage or not yet... i was planning on doing it outside but the weather has been yucky

I have three bags in my garage. You come get them, they're yours.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

Shaggy
    awsome... im on my way

I have a sifter at work that I used to filter out the big pebbles from the sand I bought at Lowe's. Works fine now, but had to be sifted.

I just put a screen over a bucket. But my sand comes straight from the source.

Mack84

ex's boobies

tate,
    i see this transexual on campus sometimes and his/her boobies look like the boobies in your avatar..... kinda shabby

Shaggy
    no that is my ex... she goes to that other texas school... she doent have very big boobies but she is squeezed into a little girl britney spears top

Shepler's on Graham Rd. is the place for blasting sand. $5/100lbs.
    Get new sand and don't bother sifting or sweeping and saving it...it doesn't hit as hard the second time around anyway

Don't do that in your garage either...you'll be washing sand out of all your crevices for a week as it is.

Wanna blast some stuff for me while you're at it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Another thing to think about is that if you do it in the garage you won't be able to breathe without a hood that is ventilated.

inside, outside, windy, ventilated...it doesn't matter

I cough up nasty phlegm for 2 days everytime I blast.
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Shaggy
    i sandblasted for a company for two years... i know the rules to the traid... i have a hood... i wasnt planning on reusing sand... it is cheap and works best the first time... i did do it in the garage though... it made a mess... but i dont care... my air compressor only allowed me to work in like 2-3 min intrevals... but i made some progress... got the whole thing "brush blasted"... it is good enough to paint on but i am gonna blast it some more so that it is better... i had to stop because i noticed that my dog some how pulled her cast off so i had to go to the vet and get that fixed... now i think i am just gonna screw with other crap... dont wanna piss the neighbors off with the loud ass compressor.... and yes it is damn loud... didnt notice till it was running fer an hour and my ears were ringing

What you gonna paint the frame with? I think when I pull mine apart in 17 years (major body work done at 20 year intervals) I'm gonna use rubber undercoating.

Shaggy
    not sure yet... i looked around a little yesterday but didnt make any decisions... it isnt quite ready for paint yet anyways

Dunno if it's true or how much more it would cost, but I've heard people swear that the POR-15 stuff actually strengthens your frame.