Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Frame Swap?

Shaggy
    tell me a little more about this substance if it isnt a joke... i have not heard of it and wanna know a little more soon... i have several tests this week so i cant start working on the bronco till friday afternoon but after that i got one hell of a list of things i need to accomplish in the next week

Shaggy
    alright i found this website on it... i dont have time to read up on it right now but will do later... looks a little expensive but i think with a little more research that it might be a good option

http://www.por15.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

here's another product that I saw a couple of weeks ago at Decatur Swap Meet.

www.stoprust.net

Shaggy
    alright it starts... the spring break buildup... come one come all and give me a damn hand... got free beer

Shaggy
    as she sits now.... 6 weeks and counting
    Attached Images Attached Images  

looks like you still have **** where the power steering line leaks

Shaggy
    well i made a little progress... i got the rear 3rd of the frame painted up with a good couple coats of primer and bling bling blue... and then proceded to do the shackle flip and mount the springs... i am gonna clear coat the whole frame once i am done with it to hold the paint on there.... i am pretty tired so i am hitting the sack early tonight

Shaggy
    **** it... i am tired as **** but i am gonna still stay up a bit longer... anyone is welcome to come by... even after i puss out austin will be up... we are off raintree... 5 street on right yorktown... it is at the dip in the road

BigRedFord04
    we've been workin' kinda half-assed all day but made some progress. tate got his frame partially painted, then moved the rear axle under it and put the leaves on w/ shackle flip. when we got to that point I noticed one pretty cool thing about Ford c-channel frames....they flex like mad....its no wonder his other one kept breaking.

www.tamor.org/Videos/Bronco Frame Flex.MPG

he also started to waiver on the selected paint color of the frame, so after he went to bed I finished it off so he wouldnt have to think twice about it.

BLING!

oh yeah, and thank you to Grayson for stopping by to help and drink our beer.
    Last edited by BigRedFord04; 03-14-2004 at 02:16 AM.

TXsizeK5
    wtf were you using the flex the frame in that video clip?

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Originally posted by BigRedFord04
    when we got to that point I noticed one pretty cool thing about Ford c-channel frames....they flex like mad....its no wonder his other one kept breaking.
    Holy Sh*t!!! That's supposed to be an UPGRADE?
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

You could use one leg and cause it to flex! Tate, being all a buck fifty soaking wet could get it to flex fairly well! As a matter of fact, I think that's who is flexing the frame in the pics! It's outstanding!

I told tate he should box the thing as much as he could and weld all the cross members. All the cross members are riveted in. That is where a lot of the flex is comming from. I also tried to get Austin to ditch tate's old frame and just build one from scratch out of 2"X6" rectangular box.
    Last edited by Graystroke; 03-14-2004 at 12:40 PM.

BigRedFord04
    after getting the steering box off and finding this particular crack, which i'm sure was the cause of most of the problem in katemcy, i'm going to seriously check into building my own frame.

Shaggy
    i was only putting about 35-50 pounds of pressure into it to make itdo that... i welded up some of the seams like grayson said to... i also pulled the dana60 out of the parts truck and got a sweet ass hood

-parts truck 60 gone