Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Frame Swap?

Shaggy
    dana60 hanging from the cherry picker
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Shaggy
    auto-dark baby yeah.... i got it and it was the first time i have ever used one... i highly suggest one... it is like it is like having sex(with a partner) for the first time... it even allowed for a much faster finish

Mack84
    i hope your welding skills have gotten better since last spring break

Shaggy
    yessum they have... and i had never welded before at that point

True Hollywood Stry
    hey tate how much were those cans of that blue metalic paint, i may paint the bronco that color. looking good i have having the wonderful task of working all the bugs out of my **** box since it has a new engine and had been sitting for eight months. it is falling apart , i had no idea a truck could leak in so many places, when i pulled up to my house from its maiden voyage i thought it was raining underneath my truck oh yeha sorry for the hijack.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Shaggy
    they were like $4... i cant remember exactly but not too bad at all.

i am about to go take some measurements and then head to the steel yard... i plan on boxing it with 3/16 flat bar and then using 2x4 box to give the front more structure. i also have to figure out a way to cut the 3/16 to match the frame. it would be hella easy with a plazma cutter but i dont have the bank for one of those. i think i am just gonna have to use hella cut-off wheels

I thought you had a torch? That's just as easy as a plasma. Just takes a little longer and you need to clean up with a grinder. About the only thing the plasma in my shop is used for is cutting thin 4x8 sheets into strips.

Originally posted by BigRedFord04
    after getting the steering box off and finding this particular crack, which i'm sure was the cause of most of the problem in katemcy, i'm going to seriously check into building my own frame.

were all of the frame cracks around the steering box? It wouldn't surprise me since theres not really a crossmember in front besides the bumper

BigRedFord04
    that pretty much hit the nail on the head flem. tate went to waco w/ the frame and axles to use the plasma cutter there and box the frame. he said he added a crossmember in the front and it took like 90% of the frame flex away. he'll have to update more later.

Shaggy
    i went to waco to use this

Shaggy
    this is the welder i used... it is a stick welder but works hella better than the crackerbox welder we have here at the house

Shaggy
    here are some pics of the front crossmember i made

Shaggy

Shaggy

Shaggy