Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Frame Swap?

Originally posted by Shaggy
    i have broken it 5 different times in 5 different places within 3 or so feet... bracing the broken part has just transfered the stess elsewhere... i am gonna probably pull the body off this weekend and then go from there... get a new frame, box it, do the sas& shackle flip, new front bumper, fuel injection, ect... what i am saying is that i am tired of it being gay... it is getting a makeover... it should be built a lot stronger and allow me to actually wheel and not break constantly.
    just fix it, if you don't it will sit for at least 2 years with all that stuff you plan to do to it

and when your done you will still have a fullsize with way too much time and money in it.

get a jeep, or at least use a EB frame and body. something wheelable.

BigRedFord04
    Originally posted by robertf03
    just fix it, if you don't it will sit for at least 2 years with all that stuff you plan to do to it

and when your done you will still have a fullsize with way too much time and money in it.

get a jeep, or at least use a EB frame and body. something wheelable.
    not everyone's like you flem...it'll get done.

he already has too much time and money in it.

jeeps are

I would build some fiberglass molds from the old frame and then cast a new one in plastic. This way the new frame will have a high modulous of elasticity and won't crack.

i would build it out of all those liquor bottles he has been trying to get rid of, then drive it to Michigan, get the deposit money, then go buy a Zooki with all the loot, then make it one "bad dood" as Kopecky would say.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Yep.

$500 samurai.
    SOA on junkyard springs
    Stretch
    Toyota axles with longfields
    6:1 t-case
    And to use some of your old bronco parts, the 35s should work.

=One bad sumbitch.

Yall are lucky I broke the samurai I test drove, cause I'd be whipping it up on all of yall.

Shaggy
    dont try to convince me to get something else... that is for after college... i am just working on the bronco for now... duche

Would be easier....

Shaggy
    but i like the heavy summbitch right now... she is still purty... just has some flaws

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Originally posted by fbronco86
    If you still want some thing bigger than a heep get a scout
    Man, good luck on that one....we know the frames hold up well....****, that's the only part of the damn thing that doesn't rust away.

This whole frame cracking thing reminds me of a quote I heard a while back.

"The bronco is a cheap chinese immitation of a Scout"
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

... that is for after college... i am just working on the bronco for now... duche
    so you're going to waste a semester or more trying to kludge two Bronco ****boxes together instead of just buying something cheap that you can wheel right now...

Shaggy
    yall are waisting your time telling me to get something else... i am not going to.... this is the bottom line damnit

Full sizes blow... I had mine in college because i needed something practical(haha) and at the time i thought jeeps were gay. I still think jeeps are gay, but if i would have done it again I might have got a Toyota truck.

Anyways... You have another car you are using, the bronco isn't your main vehicle. You won't be happy with it in a year after you spend all this money and time. Get something else and cut your losses.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

You can't sell the body to someone with another rusted out piece?

I was thinking... a nissan patrol would be pretty sweet!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

yall are waisting your time telling me to get something else... i am not going to.... this is the bottom line damnit
    I'd have to side with tate on this one. Eventhough fullsizes arent the best for trails, he already said he doesnt want to change. Instead of reitterating that fact over and over, why dont yall help him out and anything pertinent to his frame swap. This way, the next time the bronco is on the trail, the most you will have to do is strap him out of a jam cause his POS is too big for the trail, not drag his ass across half of las cruces, or spend 3 hrs waiting for his frame to get welded back up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!