Thread: Trailer tires

Trailer tires

I'm in the market for new trailer tires, we've always just used the old radial's from our trucks or whatever (minivan) fag, but we've never had the best of luck with them. We've actually had belts shift and make neat bubbles.

After looking on pirate and other boards it seems you "should" use an actual trailer tire, which are usually bias ply tires.

So I called a large trailer place in houston and they basically confirmed this and have the tire i need for 50 bucks. Something called a Super track.

Any opinions? Scott or whoever use's or has a new trailer, what do they come with?

Also, mike, if you have those skinny ass 8 lugs you used on the bronce for the old trailer I might need to borrow them this weekend if I could please.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

I have the best luck with bias ply trailer tires.

You sell Blazer?

stinger7401
    Don't go with new Cooper trailer tires, that's what all the manufactureres use and they suck! Had a trailer for six months and had one blow goin down the road. I think Mancuso has had the best expirement knowledge with this, he has had like 2 different sets in like a year.

Oh yeh and this isn't a personal attack against Coop so the moderators can eat it.

Now im cool like the rest of the kiddos.

Originally posted by eight

You sell Blazer?
    Not yet, working on it. I'm going to pick up a nice body for it. Then I'll swap all the nice stuff to one and stick in the front of kingwood and hopefully get some decent cash for it. After I'm done it should actually be pretty nice and reliable. Know anyone that wants a blazer

You think 50 bucks for a 215/75/r15 is a decent deal? Seems pretty good to me.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Man, you strapped for cash or something? That seems like a lot of work, and something i might do after i had built my buggy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Originally posted by Snatch Adams
    Man, you strapped for cash or something? That seems like a lot of work, and something i might do after i had built my buggy.
    Nope not strapped for cash. It's in the way and I never really drive unless I'm just dicking around on the property which normally leads to no good. The swap should only take a month or so and I'm in no real rush to build the buggy.

The new body i'm getting is a complete rolling chassis with a 14 bolt. The guy is shipping out for Iraq and offered me everything he had left for 600.

Edit: I know it sounds gay, but i'd rather invest the money from it then just having it sit there. It used to be sentimental to me, but that's just gay
    Last edited by Doug Krebs; 02-16-2004 at 06:11 PM.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Bias-ply is the way to go. The reason is they track better. Radials tend to wallow around b/c of their flexy sidewalls.

Originally posted by eight
    Bias ply is the way to go. Pay close attention to the load rating, only use 80% of the Max. Then there is no need to worry about brands.

fbronco86
    the best deal i found on bias tires was at king tire in porter. he also likes the cash money too.

Ok, got bias ply trailer tires, the lady at the counter said you should not balance trailer tires. I asked her why and she said she didn't know. Any one know?
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Probably cause you have to pay for it. And those tires are too small to shake anyway. I figured you were too Joo to consider such a thing.