Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Chevy Spring Swap

Quote Originally Posted by Violentv8toy
    we don't need no adapter....strip the wires and stick em in (CAREFULLY)....aggie engineerin'

we just need someone to stand at the breaker and flip em back whenever they go....i thought thats how welding was done....1 to weld...1 to flip the breakers.

in that case who needs a welder either. just strip the other ends and use them.

man, i wish i had some pics of me welding in thailand. the welder we were using was pretty similar to this set-up. way ghetto fab. i was just welding some parts for a dock, but the guy that owns the welder uses it in his auto repair shop.

I wouldn't go shorter than 4" eye to eye on shackles. They really do move quite a bit. The overload probably isn't doing anything for wrap anyway, remove it first. Then if not enough lower shorten the shackel.

TRDyota
    Its so crazy that it just might work... I'll sleep on it.

TRDyota
    ok, I slept on it. I am going to pull the overloads out and see how it rides. And since the overloads can easily be added back again, its not that big a deal. So, I am going to go with what the "great kopecki" says.

Front hangers- Gotta redrill them. Originally put the holes 7" eye to eye, but they really need to be 7.75". So, my axle is not centered. The more I look at it the more it ticks me off. Gotta redrill them or I am going to go crazy.

Driver's side lean- Truck has the infamous drivers side lean (gas tank, driver, etc are all on one side). But, to add to it, I think that one of the springs settled more than the other, and it just so happened to be the one on the driver side. So, can I redrill one of the shackles maybe .75-1" lower? Is that gonna screw me suspension-wise? Shouldn't change the way the axle rebounds should it?

Why not swap the sagging spring to the opposite side?

TRDyota
    Quote Originally Posted by bburris
    Why not swap the sagging spring to the opposite side?
    cause I am not totally sure that that is what it is. And I just don't feel like it.

But serioulsy, I was intending to try it.

TRDyota
    Okay, I am going to do some work this week. Preferrably Friday around noon. I wanna/needa get some stuff done to clean up the rear end. Pull the overloads, possibly swap saggy spring to other side, grease the shackles, and redrill the front mounts. Who's got an un-used driveway, a power drill, a 5/8" bit, a 1/2" bit, a hi lift, some all-purpose grease, 3/4" sockets, and some cinder blocks?

Thanks

713-417-8537

BigRedFord04
    Quote Originally Posted by TRDyota
    Who's got an un-used driveway, a power drill, a 5/8" bit, a 1/2" bit, a hi lift, some all-purpose grease, 3/4" sockets, and some cinder blocks?
    gawd dayum....someone needs a sears credit card

TRDyota
    Responded way too fast there Austin. Its like, midnight. Go to bed and respond in the morning, you psycho.

If you're redrilling the shackles, you need a 9/16" bit...you can borrow mine...and hilift, and what does grease cost? 2 fiddy? go buy some
    (can't offer the driveway right now...sorry)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

TRDyota
    I'll buy grease. What should I get? Any particular brand better than the others? And yes, can I borrow that bit?

Lookin at workin on it all day saturday.