Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Chevy Spring Swap

Ben97XJ
    Doestch 3000s shocks ride good and are like 30 a piece.

TRDyota
    BDS?

ben i hope those boobies aren't anyone you know...cause they are sad!
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    Originally posted by Snatch Adams
    ben i hope those boobies aren't anyone you know...cause they are sad!
    Just thought I would get my Avatar up there
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

Ben97XJ
    If you want to see the rest of my Avatar try searching for Tara Reid!

TXsizeK5
    Originally posted by TRDyota
    BDS?
    http://www.bds-suspension.com/

BDS is sold at our favorite local offroad shop for $25 each and probably got 14" travel ones in stock cause that's what jacked up superduties use. They pulled mine out of an 8" lift kit.

TRDyota
    Bought springs today from Gordon's. They have 3 leaves plus overload. Going Monday to Custom Fabricators to buy some steel. Quick question: Am I going to need to extend brakelines? Again, the springs will give around 2-3" of lift.

Violentv8toy
    its not so much the lift...its the downtravel that will extend your brakelines. On mine, there is one single line that goes from the passenger frame to the passenger side of the axle. There was a bolt that held it down to the axle and the holder on the frame...i cut with a torch so now it just hangs loose. I wouldn't bother with extended brakelines cause they're $$$. I know you want it to look clean so why don't you unbolt it all and use little springs maybe? When are you planning on doing the swap? I'd like to lend a hand or just watch.

TRDyota
    Mario,
    It'll probably be sometime after the break, but definitely before we go to Mason again.

True Hollywood Stry
    i heard bryan hose and gasket makes brakelines and it would cost you like 25 bucks is what someone told me they paid for their longer rear lines. i ll help to
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Violentv8toy
    How are you planning on mounting shocks? Long shocks in the stock location or / \? if you mount em / \ you'll only have to buy like 9" travel shocks.(which is less effective but looks cooler)

TRDyota
    Originally posted by Violentv8toy
    How are you planning on mounting shocks? Long shocks in the stock location or / \? if you mount em / \ you'll only have to buy like 9" travel shocks.(which is less effective but looks cooler)

Long shocks in the stock location. Trying to keep this as simple and cheap as possible.

Hence, if the brakelines don't need to be extended, then they won't be.

I think I am going to use the procomp ES 3000's. The set will cost bout 110-120.

how's about you look on Pirate, Yotatech, and ttora and find out *from people who have done it* how to extend your brake lines cheaply.
    Do it.
    Then write up on it here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

True Hollywood Stry
    yeha but if you angle your shocks like / \ so then doesnt it flex better. Thats what i have heard from alot of bronco people. Just my . 02.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!