Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Chevy Spring Swap

TRDyota
    Got the Ranchos in today. Went and picked them up from my sister's house. This weekend I will pick up the shims, front coils, front Bilsteins, and diff drop kit. I need to get those shims put on so I can know where to put the lower shock mounts. Mario, you up for a little bit of shock-work next week?

Violentv8toy
    YES

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    cut the the long LSPV bar to a few inches long, bolt the distribution block back to the frame and zip tie the bar (now shortened) all the way up near the bed.

This will give you more rear brakes, they will not lock up before the front so you will still be safe, but it really helps off-road.
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

TRDyota
    Originally posted by redcagepatrol

This will give you more rear brakes, they will not lock up before the front so you will still be safe, but it really helps off-road.
    If I have more braking in the rear, then explain to me how the rear will not lock up before the front?

TRDyota
    Update on my progress:

The rear shocks have been put in. Once again, thanks to Mario for the welding, and thanks to Eric for the driveway and tools. The ride doesn't feel all that much different than stock, but it is nice to have shocks again. I had to make a couple of trips to Houston without em.

Needs to be done:

1) Front springs/struts
    2) Axle shims (rear)
    3) Drop front diff
    4) 4 wheel alignment

The front struts will be at my casa in Houston early next week. I will install the front lift components on Thursday in order to go to San Antonio with TTORA that Saturday.

Violentv8toy
    Originally posted by TRDyota
    If I have more braking in the rear, then explain to me how the rear will not lock up before the front?
    he didn't mean 'more braking in the rear' as in more braking than the front, he meant more brake in the rear than normal.

and the rear won't lock up eitherway cause drum brakes suck.

Violentv8toy
    Originally posted by TRDyota
    I will install the front lift components on Thursday in order to go to San Antonio with TTORA that Saturday.
    ahh...you can go with TTORA but you can't make TCC?

TRDyota
    The Toyota is done. I'll get pics up tomorrow, but it is time to celebrate.

come on...let's make it ten pages! Maybe turn it into a 30 page "SAS, flatbed, bumper, rock slider, driveshaft, skid plate" thread! Oh wait, we've already got one of those
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

TRDyota
    Before
    Attached Images Attached Images  

TRDyota
    After

EDIT: Don't be fooled by the steep driveway. The truck is now level, for the most part. This lift came together very well. Only took about an hour and a half to do, with the exception of going to NTB to press the coils.
    Last edited by TRDyota; 05-18-2004 at 07:10 PM.

TRDyota
    TRD setup

TRDyota
    Struts removed

TRDyota
    Old Man Emu coils with Bilstein HD Struts. Had to disconnect the sway bar and push down on the lower A-arm with a lot of force to fit the new struts in. NTB pressed the coils onto the struts for 30 bucks, and it only took about 10 minutes. Well worth it.

TRDyota
    Jacked up