Thread: cj7 body removal

cntryboy1865

cj7 body removal

I need to get this body off of the frame. What all needs to be removed before I can lift it off besides the obvious body mounts and wiring. Also, does anybody have any suggestions on how to lift it off. I was thinking front end loader or come along.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

BigRedFord04
    an engine hoist in the back and two high lifts up front work for a bronco....just roll the chassis out from under it. works better if you take the front clip off.

cntryboy1865
    yea, I still have to take all that stuff off the front. Should I take the engine and tranny out first or just leave it on the frame. I am just going to reuse the body.

aggielr
    Would be easier to push around (lighter) w/out the engine and all in it, but take up less space unless you put the engine on a stand and haul the frame away. Just depends on what you want to do w/ the rest of it.

Shaggy
    i did it the way austin said above... just watch out for falling high lifts... i would also leave the motor in... way easier

redrod
    Hey

are you the guy that asked me for a cj7 frame?

cntryboy1865
    probably, I am looking for one if you have got it

just take the shifter off,
    if your aren't using the rest of it unload it as a rolling chassis

redrod
    I'll let you know tomorrow.

...........by the way, how much are you willing to spend?

cntryboy1865
    Thanks, I am waiting for my taxes to get done. I am going to use my return for the frame and maybe some other parts, so I would like to get it as cheap as possible. Cajun said he had a frame but that it was missing some body mounts. He is supposed to send me pictures of it, but I have not heard back from him yet. If you have one with all of the mounts that would be better because I do not have all of my welding stuff set up yet.The frame I have is cracked in four places and rusted. If you can get one that is straight with no cracks and minimal rust that would be great.