Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mason trip

BigLee

Mason trip

So what kind of terrian is there at this place, and does anybody when we are leaving or how long we are going to be there. And who all is planning on going.

BigRedFord04
    Well...i guess you are...

froader03

Granite Hills Run

the trip is saturday and gates open at 8am... I'm looking to drive to houston that night so I was hoping to be able to stay out there friday night, but haven't talked to anyone yet. more info can be found here. the terrain is primarily granite. if you are going you need to be sure and print out the release form from the above website and have it filled out. it's $25/vehicle & driver and $5 per passenger. usually there's an additional camping fee, but it has been waived for saturday night since this is the grand opening of the land to the public. all this is on the website so check it out and someone will post additional information soon.

BigLee
    does a group want to get together sat morning at McDonalds about 7 and carpool over there?

Here is some more info

The gate at the property will be opened at 8am.
    LSLC has planned on meeting at the HEB parking lot in Cedar Park at 7am and leaving there shortly after.
    I am recommending that my North Austin members meet & caravan with them.

Austin River Rats have planned on meeting at the Y in Oak Hill possibly around the same time. So the folks in South Austin will caravan with them.

http://rock-it-land.com/austinriverr...teHillsRun.htm
    Info regarding run...plus link to HCOR's run this past weekend w/pics

Brian K. Perez
    Austin Four Wheelers -Prez

froader03
    me, my 2 neighbors and I think Lee are leavin' tonight (friday)... we'll be staying somewhere around mason... no plans as of right now, just drive there tonight and find somewhere to stay. if you wanna leave tonight gimmie a call at the house 693-9988 although we don't have an exact departure time. if you don't catch us feel free to show up tomorrow. I don't know of anyone for sure coming saturday morning but if it does turn out a few decide to go that'd be awesome. directions are on the website and DON'T FORGET THE RELEASE FORM. happy wheelin'.

All i can say is this place looks TOUGH!!!! but fun... i think there is going to be some nice body damage!!!! just look through some of these pics http://128.83.80.200/taco/mason.html Get ready for some fun!!!!!!!!! I'm most likely leaving tonight. Oh yeah, let me know if your going i have to email a guy with a count and time of arrival!!!

Well... that place kicked ass. It got the best of my entire drivers side. Lets put it this way, the easy stuff is hard, and the hard stuff is as impossible as you want to make it. Really big turn out probably about 50 people, and i'd say around 30-40 vehicles, any where from stock to almost custom buggies. I'll get pictures up soon..... tired, going to bed...

froader03
    I agree... very kick ass and I only saw a little of the really hard ****. I do think we made a good showing. my neighbor Tommy is a new member and he brought his blazer out for the first time and did awesome. Lee actually wheeled his stock jeep which he bought literally a week ago and so far as I can remember made it through everything. the Ranger was a champ and I had a helluva good time with minimal trail damage. I didn't get to wheel with Doug but we did find him later in the day and he definitely won the Beat the **** Outta Your Rig Award for the weekend. all I can say is niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. and another thanx to Michael for showing up and representing the club. Doug and I are gonna get together and do a write up sometime soon. this place is cool and I'm definitely going back later this summer. so, more to come soon on the new land in Mason...

BigLee
    Yes it was awesome, and if I had had breaks, and i knew how to drive the stick off road i would have done a lot better, but yes I made it though everythign i tryed, it was bad a s s cant wait to go back locked and lifted.

froader03

pics

austin river rats has some pics on their site.

RednekDodge

more pics

here are some more pics of the mason trip, they include some good pics of doug tearing up his body. Click on the mason link. The trip was a blast and I look forward to going agian, it had something for everyone. I will have some more pics of Tommy, Jason and Lee up soon.

BigRedFord04
    Nix and I saw that maroon Toy truck today on our way thru Austin today, I talked to him on the CB b.c. his truck was leaning terribly to the passenger side. He told us he "sandwiched" his right rear spring out there and I'm guessing the pics on the last page are the action shots...so if you wanna know how to "sandwich" a spring, check out page 10 of that link hensel sent.

BigRedFord04
    DAMN KRABS!!! Nice pics whoever took 'em. What happened? Why'd you slip into the crack?

OUCH!!!!