Thread: tow strap

ishbo03

tow strap

where is the best place for me to get a tow strap? ive got the pro comp one (30,000 lbs) from 4wheelparts right now and i like it alot but i dont want to spend that much money again. also, this one would be getting mild use so i was wondering if i needed to get another one that is rated for that high or would it be safe to go a little lower? thanx

Ben97XJ
    Mine is from tractor supply. I am not sure how much it is but its rated like 24,000 lbs and is 2 inches wide. DO NOT BUY ONE WITH HOOKS! They are bad!

aggiemudman
    if you find a swap meet around, you can get a badass one for like 20 bucks. the one i have is rated at 40,000 pounds and is 4 inches wide. its also like 30 ft. long.
    i think theyre normaly used in freight or something. but theyre very very durable.

froader03
    invest in a good one. aside from the fact that it will last you years, you can't put a price on piece of mind.

I got the 4" 30ft from tractor supply and I love the hell out of it.

Shaggy
    i have the 4 inch one from pepboys and it was about 50bucks but was a very good investment. it is starting to screw up and i am thinking of getting a backup but it has been good to me for many many years

best deal I found was the "canyon crawler" brand from 4wheel parts. Seems like it was even cheaper than the equivalent from TSCO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

ishbo03
    alright, thanx guys ill go look at tractor supply.