Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ain't startin'...

JeepsterJayson
    Well if you need me to help just ask. You know I would get it runnin,g no promises that it won't leak every fluid or have exhaust leaks out the wazoo!

Ingenloff
    Originally posted by JeepsterJayson
    Well if you need me to help just ask. You know I would get it runnin,g no promises that it won't leak every fluid or have exhaust leaks out the wazoo!
    That's cool...I may give you a call Sunday when I get back in from San Antone (wasn't originally plannin on goin, but my brother who just got back from Iraq three weeks ago is in-state, and on top of that, I found out that two of my good buddies died in Iraq yesterday). So, we'll see what happens; til then, enjoy the weekend. Thanks doll.

bigFAWKINranger
    Originally posted by eight
    Well since its getting a spark, I'd say its turning over. The flywheel shouldn't be the problem, nor the starter. Try running it on starting fluid.
    except that when i spoke to her, she also said its making a horrible grinding sound... as if the starter is not properly engaging the flywheel... i've seen it several times and been victim to it once... if even one tooth is bad, i'd replace it.... the starter alone wouldn't make that noise- so even if the starter WAS the only problem, it has likely created a new problem since then. the flywheel was just a thought concerning the grinding noise, not the entire starting issue...then again my chevy WOULD NOT start when my flywheel was grinding and making noise... it just cranked over and over... anyway, its a carburated motor, so fuel delivery should be real easy to check... just pour some in IV style like we did to andre in gilmer 2 years ago.
    Last edited by bigFAWKINranger; 04-02-2004 at 01:56 PM.