Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rollin in my five oh

rollin in my five oh

good bye carburetor

Is this how yours looks mike?

saweet man...

Does it run like a scalded ass mule now?

I doubt it runs very good with no spark plug wires and no coolant.
    '50 F-1 (some day might be a 4x4)
    '10 Expedition EL
    '09 F150 Supercrew

sweet
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

fbronco86
    yeah that is pretty much how mine looks. But I dont have the v belts. good job.

did you figure out something for the AOD kickdown?

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    I think he's using the mustang kickdown linkage.

Kickass flem....let me know when you're going to fire it up...i'll come drink beer.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Mike I'm going to try using the mustang cable, but not the rod and pivot hardware thing it uses, going to use an f150 lever instead. the mustang one interferes with the column shift linkage. A guy on pirate says it'll work, so it must

still need to get a fuel pump relay, wire in the MAF harness, weld up the o2 bung and relocate the coil. I broke the ****ty ford steering pump when taking it apart so I grabbed a saginaw pump off a van but it interferes with the stock coil mounting location.

fred i'll give ya a call when its go time, but no beer for me this week. the dickheads at UTD decided to give all their exams the week after spring break, which was last week for me.

heres what i was starting with. looks a little different
    Attached Images Attached Images  

flem, i've got a few of those gm 40amp relays with connectors laying around the shop if you want one.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

Originally posted by Fredo
    flem, i've got a few of those gm 40amp relays with connectors laying around the shop if you want one.
    thought about doing that, but north central ford wants 13 bones for a relay. think i'll just do that and hope it never goes out on a weekend or anywhere where there are no stealerships.

way to go flem, now all you need to do is slide in that HP44 in the front and it will be SAweet!
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

AgDieseler
    Nice job. Looks good. Will this get you any power, or is it mostly so that it will run right all the time?

Originally posted by AgDieseler
    Nice job. Looks good. Will this get you any power, or is it mostly so that it will run right all the time?
    I doubt I'll gain any performance out of it. Its a stock mustang setup and then truck cam and heads, but it should eliminate the bogging down the truck did at low RPMS. Might be able to tow in overdrive. I guess thats a performance gain, but it ran that way brand new.

I'm doing it because the truck wouldn't pass Dallas County emissions and was getting terrible gas milage. I could have swapped in a stock truck setup, but they are batch fire. SEFI is supposed to get a little better milage, and so is a mass air setup. Plus I can swap in a big cam if I want to

I'm actually a little more happy with the saginaw pump swap. Should eliminate the ford pump scream that all f150's do. Now if I could only find a cheap ZF.......

well it ran for a day then took a dump. I think the vatozone e2000 pump is dead since it runs great for a few seconds if I cycle the pump for a while, or if I load it up with starter fluid.

when I unhook the hose and have it flow in a bucket, it trickles out like a garden hose and I can almost stop the pressure with my thumb. Does that sound like its bad to those of you running this pump?

Mike are you running a low pressure pump up to your high pressure pump?

curse of the vatozone electronics

went to pep boys and bought a carter e2000 pump and replaced the wells or master or whatever **** brand I bought to save 20 bucks and it fired right up.

sweet man! did you ever find your cell phone? Give me a call later if you see this. We'll drink some beer and check it out tonight if you like.