Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Progress at BMF on Greg's Jeep

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.

Progress at BMF on Greg's Jeep

Night 1 of working on it has come to a close. Got the holley crap off there and out of the jeep and started pruning the GM harness of unnecessary wires. Ended the night with a test setting of the TPI on top of the motor. Even Flem came out to help for a couple hours tonight. Was a good motivator to have another person there. I probably would have quit around midnight to get some sleep for work tomorrow, but for some reason we both wanted to see that projection gone, so we kept working.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

harness
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

much much better

holley what?

stinger7401
    oooooooo, looks sweet, next time i get my hands on that thing i think i might have to take a buffer wheel and some compound to that intake, make it all nice and chiney, i spent a couple of weeks once at a job doin that very thing, i guess you could call me an expert buffer

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    Originally posted by stinger7401
    oooooooo, looks sweet, next time i get my hands on that thing i think i might have to take a buffer wheel and some compound to that intake, make it all nice and chiney, i spent a couple of weeks once at a job doin that very thing, i guess you could call me an expert buffer
    Lance gave you the fun jobs ehh??
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

Originally posted by stinger7401
    As nasty dirty as that thing was before I started, buffing it seems like a serious waste of time.

stinger7401
    Originally posted by Fredo
    As nasty dirty as that thing was before I started, buffing it seems like a serious waste of time.
    I think that was becuase of the mix of hyrdrolic fluid, carbon from flames, clay dust and oh yeh fire extinguisher powder, ohhhh boy good times, good times

yeah, between the carbon and the fire extinguisher residue, it's pretty damn nasty.

NIGHT 2

Troy came out to help and we started by disassembling the TPI intake to clean it up and replace all the gaskets. While he started doing this, I redid the rear of the fuel system, changed over to the higher pressure pump, and replaced the low pressure rubber lines with lines rated for high pressure. We discovered we were short a couple of bolts for the runners and the fuel rails, and we also needed the injector o-rings. So, a trip to Orielly's and Lowes for Allen bolts got us back on track. After we returned, we continued to clean and clean the old gaskets off the intake. Flem once again returned around 11pm and sat down and helped prune more of the harness. Did a little cleaning on the motor and changed the spark plugs. Nothing huge got done, but still progress none the less.

some parts cleaned up, some not

Flem holding up the harness, which still needs a lot of trimming and fitting which I will hopefully get to tomorrow night.

here's the still growing pile of wiring that we have already trimmed from the harness

Flem's looking sexy as ever!

-Mark

so i click on this thread because i saw that mark had posted, and I wanted to see what he had to say about the fi swap, because "Surely it will be intelligent and have some merit to this thread..."

In Flem's defense the hat and shirt were free...

I can't wait to drink some beer with shipman tomorrow night, OLD SKOOL REPRESENT!!

Looks good Fredo, I'll be in Friday night to tell you what you did wrong and/or drink beer (mostly or)
    Last edited by BMFScout; 04-07-2004 at 11:38 PM.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.