Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Progress at BMF on Greg's Jeep

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    Originally posted by Fredo
    I guess that's as close as Scott gets to a compliment.
    Actually, that thing looks sweet! I had no idea how much work was involved to do the swap, ya'll are working your azz's off. Cool intake creation, nice and neat wiring, nice relay location etc... It all looks really good.

I did the same thing with the Patrol. It took a week to wire that thing - cutting out all the light wires, cruise control wires, brake switch wires, heater, AC, etc... It's a huge pain to get it looking nice. We taped all of the wire groups with up-side down electrical tape, then back over the right way to keep sticky stuff off the wires, tucked them all neatly out of the way with zip ties and stuff... Hell, we even soldered and shrink wrapped all the connections, even shrink wrapped bullet connectors to keep the water out
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Hey man, thanks for the compliment. Sorry about being a dick, but my temper is getting extremely short getting up at 8 and working until 3am and getting to bed at almost 4am. Can't wait to finish this mother f*cker. Zzzzzzzz
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

I think it is definately sweet. I love the look of the runner's on those. How much can you pick those up for?
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Take better pics! I'm tired of turning my laptop on it's side to get the gist of things!

Looks good! What's the shop rate at BMF?
    Is Flem ASE Certified? I heard he likes peanut galleries.

Originally posted by Graystroke

Looks good! What's the shop rate at BMF?
    If you have to ask...

You probably can't afford that much beer...
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Oo Oo, I'm next.

Great jobs guys. That's really sweet looking.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

NIGHT whatever the hell we are at now:

Troy and a guy that lives down the street from him, Jeff, started working on the cutting brakes and hydroboost tonight while Flem and I worked on the motor.

We got the distributor stabbed, plug wires installed and loomed, air intake finished and ready for paint, smog pump removed and alternator relocated, lokar throttle and downshift detent cables trimmed to length and installed, got the jeep's main harness cleaned up a bit, and got the engine harness set in place. Went for a test fire and had fuel pressure and spark, but the injectors wouldn't squirt. After a little wire chasing and finding a bum relay connector, we tried again with no luck. It was 3am, so we decided to knock off for the night. We have a couple of things to check tomorrow, and hopefully it will be something simple we were overlooking tonight due to sleep deprevation. I didn't get any pictures from tonight, but I'll get some for tomorrow or later today, whatever way you decide to look at it.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

just talked to fred, the jeep is running, they are looming the harness and tying up loose ends. Schubring is in the house, I guess they leave tomorrow. Nothing like cutting it close, good work fred, you can sleep next week right? I am sure Fredo will update the thread later this morning, I am betting he is ready for the jeep to be out of the shop...
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

stinger7401
    man thats badass, props to the whole brune klan, troy and flem for gettin the shiznit done, wish i could have been there to lend a hand, good luck boys

NIGHT 12

It lives, it drives, it sounds pretty good considering Troy welded in the o2 sensor bung I'd do a writeup but it's 5am, we loaded the jeep on the trailer about 15 minutes ago and I have to get up for work at 8.

Here's when the night changed for the better and it fired up and ran good, so flem started yanking the harness for final loom.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

There were a few things we decided to shorten up a bit more in the harness, so here's that going on. Even Scott got in on the soldering action.

Believe it or not, the motor was actually running in this shot even though the fan doesn't look like it's moving. The extra black pile of wires is the timing light.

here it is getting loaded on the trailer. Good luck Troy and Scott and I hope you don't have to call me saturday b*tching about something going wrong :crossfingers:

Registered
    I would like to give a big thanks to Fred and Flem for the work they have done in such a short time. Fred you can get some sleep tonight now and not worry. Thanks again

good job fred and flem