Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Brett's super duper HP D44/Ford 9" thread

all tem east texas boys like to have different ratios in ter axles. Makes'em stir better in da mud. Put some wd 40 in der and it be all right.

I think Krebs and Jerry have a good story about purchasing a vehicle with mismatched gears and "tearing it up" or something to that effect...

Originally posted by Ben97XJ
    For example: 3.54 ÷ 3.50 = 1.01, or 1%, not 4% different.
    What ig'nant hillrod thinks the difference between 3.54 and 3.50 is 4%?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    Originally posted by Ben97XJ
    For example: 3.54 ÷ 3.50 = 1.01, .....And likewise 4.11 ÷ 4.09 = 1.005, [/URL]

i was thinking more along the lines of where in the hell is 3.54+3.5 = 1.01...in my book thats more like 3.54+3.5 = 7.04 and 4.11+4.09 = 8.2
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

Those are division signs tough guy...
    Last edited by bburris; 08-12-2004 at 01:59 AM.

Originally posted by bburris
    I think Krebs and Jerry have a good story about purchasing a vehicle with mismatched gears and "tearing it up" or something to that effect...
    Ahh yes it was a beautiful trip to teral texas. I was in love with blazer's and at that time wanted to fix one up to be a rig. You know nice paint job, interior, etc... So I talked to the guy and he wanted 2300. I asked him if it was nice enough to fix up and he said yes. So we went up to teral and this thing was sitting in its own cess pool of ****. Had some nice engine with a roundy round air cleaner on it that you had to just touch the gas right to get it to start up. The tailgate had swingset chain on it to hold up the tailgate and the front drive shaft was in the back. That's when the guy told us it had different gears in the front and rear and he installed the driveshaft when he got to the mud pits. His friend chimed in at that point and said "I'll testify that thing can rip some ****!". He in formed us that the front tires went faster and would pull you through.

Nice... The sad thing is I wanted something so bad at that point I actually considered it. I'm glad jerry and my brother were there to beat me.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

was it terrell as iup near dallas or teral?
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    you're from terrell? BULLSH*T!!
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

"what part of terrell?"
    "terrell"
    "no....from where in terrell?"
    "terrell"

Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500

Damn, I haven't updated with new parts or pics in a while.

I ordered these from Speedway Motors and they came in last week. $10.95 per bracket and I don't have to worry about fabbing crap and watching it fail. Damnit I need to finish one of my projects soon...

I don't have pics of the Ford 9" but it's sitting on some stands complete and collecting dust.

I ordered D44 arms from Sky Manufacturing and the UPS man dropped them off today.

I need to find a D44 Detroit and then I can assemble the front axle so it can sit next to the rear...

OK, so this seems to be taking a David Oliver-like amount of time to build an axle... I got the last part from the UPS man today, though.

I'm trying to find a leaf sprung Dana 44 housing, but that's not proving to be very easy now that I want one. I still need to get my knuckles milled and tapped since the local machinist decided to put it off for two months without telling me, so when I dropped off something for a friend last week I just threw them in the back of the truck. So I guess they'll be going to Vila's next time I'm in College Station.

For now I've just got a box of Dana 44 parts (bearings, seals, install kit, new hubs, brakes, gears, Sky arms, etc) sitting here next to my desk under some random school stuff. The Detroit, however, is my new conversation piece.

Dexter style, yo:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

BigRedFord04
    Quote Originally Posted by bburris
    Dexter style, yo:
    you're missing EVERY copy of Girls Gone Wild