Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Dana 44's

It will make adjustment easier.

Mud King
    Well the rear end blew up in my truck today, and i have to find a new rear end with 6 on 5 1/2 bolt patter pronto. I looked at an Isuzu rear end but they are muy expensive it had disc brakes but had terrible ratio, it also had this electric connection on top of the axle that i asumed was a abs sensor or traction sensor, the internals are said to be exactly the same as a normal dana 44. The next option which i prefer is find a dana 44 out of waggy or j truck that is a dana 44, but only problem i cant seem to find out what year model waggy had a centered dana 44 rear, and every picka a part place ive called has the amc 20 rear end. I need to find waggy rear 44 as soon as possible, if any body knows of someplace and or year model i could find please let me know. Thanks

Violentv8toy
    its a blessing in disguise.

did you establish whether you were going fullwidth or not?

since u want a 6x5.5 i'm guessing no,
    toyota rearend ~58.5"
    14B van rearend ~61"

I wouldn't even look at a d44 rearend.

Most of the toyota rear ends you will find have 4.10s, and 10-bolts are plentiful if you need higher gearings
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

The waggy 20 isn't that bad. It has one peice shafts and thicker tubes than a cj one has. The shafts are just smaller than d44, but the carrier and rp are stronger.

Mud King
    That 14B rear end out of a van would be pretty badass as the front 44 i got is 60", and is that a full floater 14B and which year vans had that width if you know? And thats 6 lug correct? Thanks

If you are desperate for an axle to get you going I have my Mazda axle with 4.10s. You can have it... The axle itself looks beefier than a Toyota - especially the center section - but the shaft splines are 10% smaller. I know it would just be temporary, but if that's what you need to get on the road it is yours.

AgDieseler
    I have a 14 bolt and 4.10 gears, but it is an 8 lug pattern.

Mud King
    Thanks guys i have found a rear dana 44 out of a 88 waggy that im gonna get from a guy in houston on monday, i just dont know what ratio gears to get cuz i will hopefully be running 36's or smaller and am stuck between 4.56 or 4.88, i dont really know which ones to get im afraid that 4.88's will be too tall and afraid that the 4.56's be to sluggish? Dont know?

Violentv8toy
    if you've got a 4 speed auto, i'd go with 4.88s. if a 3 speed auto or std. 4.56

AgDieseler
    When in doubt, go with more gear. You'll feel it in the seat of your pants.

Mud King
    Ive got the 5 speed manual and in the future im gonna put a 5.3 in it so im leaning towards the 4.56's cuz im afraid to 4.88's would be wound up so tight on the highway, i dont want to only be able to 60 before it tops out.

Mud King
    Anybody got some 15x8 Aluminum Rims for 6 on 5 1/2" that they want to get rid of i need some bad and fast!

Mud King
    Ok got the rear dana 44 in and working except that it has a bent pass. axle shaft but i got one coming. I think i got all my parts together for my front end and will start on it presumably next friday. I went with 1.5" tubing for the steering and i designed some highsteer arms on solid works that i have a guy making for me in arizona. I also went with the heims from jegs that have the 5/8" hole with 3/4" shaft. The only problem i am having is i dont know what size bushings to get for the rodends like what height to allow for the misalignment, i guess ill just have to wait til its in the truck and i see what my angles are, or just guess at it and hope i get the right ones. If anybody has any suggestions please feel free to comment! Thanks

You need at least about 3/8" tall bushings. They're not meant to cause less misalignment, its to space the joint body away from the arm, because the body would hit the arm long before the bolt through the hole would bind on the body. I don't like tall bushings like some use, just order 3/8" or 1/2" tall ones and they'll work. I'm gonna guess with high steer your drag link will be pretty level. If its not, you can use a drop pitman arm.