Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Disney Calroc writeup

Originally posted by aggiemudman
    what welding class did u take? ive been lookin for one but dont know if there is one or not.
    There's a class in the Ag dept and there also a few in ENTC, at least there use to be. I took ENTC 181, which is the basic stuff, without a whole lot of lab time. Then there was ENTC 405, which was all lecture and was about design, pre- post treatments, pre bending, rod/wire specifications, inspections etc. Also took a destructive and non-destructive testing class that looked at welds, joints, etc. with ultrasound. This was an ENTC class also. I don't know if they offer these anymore, seeing how the dept. has kind of gone to **** since Waugaman and Morgan left.

Registered
    Hey Fred do I get to see some pics soon?

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    yeah, i know....i'm sorry...i need to get them resized and loaded up...gimme a little while tonight.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

froader03
    from a link on pirate.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

froader03

froader03

froader03

froader03

Originally posted by robertf03
    I'm pretty sure it was MIG, and Jimmy can tell you why thats better
    It's sure as hell better than that ****ass welder you gave away so you could buy a mig...
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

here's the pictures....hopefully this link works....if not, just go to www.offroadrepublic.com and go to the calrocks album under jimmy's directory.

http://www.offroadrepublic.com/galle...umName=albuo12
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

Originally posted by BMFScout
    It's sure as hell better than that ****ass welder you gave away so you could buy a mig...
    Jimmy, don't whine and piss on people's legs just b/c you SUCK at stick welding! Kind of reminds of the same guy that blames the computer...."It's the computer's fault!"

Sweet on-Mog welder:

are there any more pics of this rig? It's forkin' sweet!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

That mog is pretty cool...looks like it could float w/ those tires.

On the jeep, what's the spread of the links at the axle (distance from the ends vertically) and on the frame?

The same thing happened about 5-6 years ago w/ a Safari Gard (that's how they spell it) three link system the built for the front of land rovers. They had it on a D90 (supposedly a protoype set-up) and it folded on a road test portion of the D90 twist-off. The braking forces makes the axle want to roll forward and the middle link and cross member have to carry the load- which it couldn't. The truck rolled as a result. Now the cross member is made of 1/4" box and heavily gusseted. ...at least it didn't fail at the welds, jus folded in half b/c the original crossmember is thin!

I would guess though, the forces the D90 saw were even greater than the jeep saw( higher speed...Force=mass x acceleration) Were you using the cutting brakes when this happened Troy? ...Or was the jeep trying to pop over a ledge and were the rear wheels below the center line and hanging?

stinger7401
    How did the thing run? Any quirks with the new system or just flawlessness?

I swear I heard one little pop back through the intake during one of the obstacles, but everybody we were with and also Scott and Troy said I must have been the only one to hear it if it did. I'm not going to say it was flawless, but definitely ran badass for 2 minutes of tuning at 4:45 in the morning.