Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TCC Carnage

BigRedFord04

TCC Carnage

What'd you break?

myself, a front long-side shaft u-joint, which in turn took out the ears on both the shaft and the stub shaft. also, didnt find out 'til i took it apart that it took out the ball joints too. quick trip to the parts store in a stolen tate's truck and it was good to go. dunno how it broke, i wasnt getting on it anytime soon before i noticed it, but i ran the rest of aggie highway in 2wd, only got pulled twice.

Violentv8toy
    steering stabiliz0r
    driver lower shock mount
    nothing much else....other than the fact the damn thing doesn't run........TBI coming soon.

I finally broke a axle u-joint. I was being stupid and something shot at Hensel. Turns out it was the journal that shot through the top of the cap cause the cap couldn't come out cause I had stuck it in there correctly. Spread the ears on the inner just a slight bit. Also ripped the bottom of the skid plate and raised it about an inch. And I hear my springs were doing crazy stuff like 90* bends, but the one that was allready bent ended up straightening itself out.

The old Nokia got drowned again but this time the water was cleaner so it's probably better off than before. And I'm missing a stainless cup with black lid if anybody found it.

We need pics of Joseph's foreign jeep on its driver's side, and then the passenger's.
    Last edited by eight; 04-26-2004 at 07:21 PM.

Nice oil pan!!!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

froader03
    josh alley also blew up a u-joint on the driver's side shaft. he had a spare and we fixed it and rolled on. I think I heard he broke something else later and only had 3wd by the end of the trip.

Tariqui
    yes that is correct i blew up both front shafts and had to finish the last obstacle of waterfall in 2WD hi it sucked but luckily i dont think i broke any ears on the axles i should be able to put in new u-joints and be good to go.

I tore a brake line and blew a seal on my hydraulic ram (time to add a cooler). Thats about it
    Last edited by Cody_91YJ; 04-26-2004 at 11:32 AM.
    Cody Ainsworth || FTAC '05 || '91 YJ
    4.0, SOA, 36" IROKs, D30/F8.8, LockRight/Detroit, 4.56s, Hydro-Assist, fullcage, TJ flares, blah blah blah.
    www.Jeeps-Offroad.com || Pictures

shook my radio button off
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

C.J.'s clutch went out, so i pulled him back to camp.... coming up the last slick hill the stap went loose then then tight again and i heard a pop....

broke the passenger side shaft u-joint... other than that everything worked great and even the projection worked awesome... except for like a ten minute period when it was raining.

fbronco86
    i had some type of brake issues that got worse during the day. Also i got some nice body damage.

CJ's anti-wrap bar ripped off the axle housing, too
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

The rear slip part of my driveshaft doesn't have one of it's ears anymore... I should have it back together this evening or tomorrow.

I trashed a fender from the recovery after the above picture

Joseph
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

fbronco86
    I also blew two tires out thanks to krebs Its a good thing I did not pay for them.

Originally posted by fbronco86
    I also blew two tires out thanks to krebs Its a good thing I did not pay for them.
    you penis, fork out the money for bias ply. Did it at least sound cool?
    1988 Blazer...RIP