Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cheap 20ft trailer

Originally posted by bburris
    Oh, and I pull my Jeep (probably around the same weight as your 4-Runner) on a short ass trailer with an F150 and no trailer brakes. You just have to be careful and take it slow.
    Do you tow it on long trips like that? I want to be able to tow this pretty far and I can't imagine a heep weighing as much as the 4runner with all that crap I have bolted on there, but I may be wrong.
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti
    1988 Suzuki Samurai buggy

I need to go weigh mine, but I'd say it's pushing the 4500 lb mark. There's a lot of weight there, I'm just not sure where it all is...

So do you just tow at low speeds or do you actually take it out of the town and on the highway?

I ask because I would love to do without trailer brakes as I have to add them to the burban as well.
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti

It's 82" wide and sides are 14" high. Doesn't sound too bad. Now I need to go measure my truck.
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    no one should ever "love to do without trailer brakes".....if trailer brakes are working properly, the truck/trailer combo will stop faster then just the truck. also the break controler is extreamly easy to install...may take all of 30 minutes to do....
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

Yeah, It's only time & money, both of which I have a big surplus of right now.
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti

Well, are you going to buy this thing or not? If you don't I am, because I definately need something else to tow with. I don't like not having trailer brakes, but I've done just fine towing from Corpus to Alto, Katemcy and Llano so far. I've also towed Stef's car to and from CS a couple of times...

Well I am at least going to go check it out. Want to go with me Bret? That way if I don't get it you can.

I did measure the 4runner and at most it's 76" wide, so it should fit. I am still a bit scared about the bent toungue, but it's worth a look.

For that matter though, I don;t know where the guy is located. I will give him a call tomorrow and find out. Maybe go take a look tomorrow evening. Anybody else want to go that knows anythign about trailers - I'm taking the burban so it will be comfy.
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti

I won't be back up there until the 15th, but if you don't want to deal with repairing it (the deck or tongue) then I may pick it up as a project. The trailer I've been using is 12 ft by 77" and my Jeep barely fits on it front to back, and just barely squeezes down the rails...

On top of that, lance said he would buy the axels for more than $150 if they aren't bent. So I may just buy it regardless.
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti

I also spoke with the guy, he's in Plantersville but I don't have an addy. Too narrow and light for me, hopefully it works for one of you guys.

The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

hehe, not sure my truck would fit in that one.
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti

Originally posted by davido
    Here's a good one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...476748134&rd=1
    You need to take some skrilla from your motorcycle budget and buy that for us bigtime!

I've got my sights on one locally, we'll see what happens.

There's nothing wrong with useing a utility trailer to haul a vehicle on. Electric trailer brakes are about $200 per axle. One braking axle should be fine. I wouldn't be scared to tow the runner behind the suburban with no trailer brakes. My dad's welding trailer is about 4000 lbs empty with no trailer brakes, tows fine behind 3/4 ton or more, never had less than a 3/4 ton.

If it turns out to be 20' 8" with closed sides and d60 and 14 bolt outers on the axles I want to know about it.