Thread: Tpp 2

Shaggy
    oh crap i forgot the

So are people going to TPP or Clayton?

Shaggy
    tpp

froader03
    I need a tow.

Is it still full? I don't want to drop more money and not be ready....

So who ended up going and anything exciting happen???

Andy, his friend, brother in law, and father in law
    Chris and Hayley
    Me & Whitney

We saw they usual suspects for the most part. Edwin, Lee N, Hal, a few other LHORers...

We got there late Friday after leaving just after 7PM. I started Saturday with my front not pulling (hub malfunction, easy fix). By Sunday morning, the front was pulling and the rear was welded. Lots of fun until I blew out a motor mount and a radiator hose. I missed out on the second half of Sunday because of that. Andy and them had some problems with a double cardan joint that hindered their trailing. I don't think Josh or Chris had anything major happen. No big carnage from our group really. The driveshaft was probably the worst thing. We did see a several near rolls and one actual roll. The sand drags were really cool. A Dmax stomped some ass (not mine). I got nearly 11 MPG with the camper and the Cruiser in tow, going mostly 65. That was pretty cool. Mine drops off about 2 - 3 MPG if I take it up to 70 - 75.

I think that's about it. It was very hot, but a great weekend overall.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

Davido, Andy Vincent and I are the only ones related to TAMOR that I know of (Hal was there from LHOR as well though we didn't wheel with him). In regards to excitement, I came within a ball hair's length of rolling end over end once on a ledge descent. I miraculously reacted by letting off the brakes and turning into it (I cannot in all honesty claim it was skill - probably more luck/divine intervention). I seriously freaked out my wife (she was NOT in the vehicle) and my dog, Molly (passenger seat). Of course I found out where my wife's priorities lay as she was screaming out "Molly, Molly, Molly!" because she was afraid the dog would be hurt or thrown out - I guess I am more easily replaceable

Andy's father in law caused some serious brain wracking & ingenuity when he sheared oke the bolts holding his springs to the front right axle perch on his K5. We were far from the trailers so we ended up using his own winch to wrap the axle and limped it back to camp VERY slowly. I still can't believe that an idea that I proffered was actually used and worked, considering my serious lack of mechanical prowess.

David O had a rough weekend himself, but I will let him explain his mechanical difficulties, because I don't even know the full extent. All I have to say is that the FJ exhibited better capabilities than half of the others in our group despite having 1 wheel drive for the better part of the day on Saturday!
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti
    1988 Suzuki Samurai buggy

AgDieseler
    Sounds like a pretty good time. Pictures anybody?

I'll try to get mine up within a few days
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti
    1988 Suzuki Samurai buggy

Pics

Here are the only digital pics that I took. I'll have to get the rest off the CD when we develop the film.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'