Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: mpg

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota
    yeah, but they both dump into the muffler on the passenger side, so if you want twice pipes, you need to force half of that exhaust back across the truck to the driver's side...just so you can have a pretty pipe coming out of each side of your bumper. If you're really going for performance/efficiency/etc, dump them both on the right side.

Who cares about pretty if you want cheap, go buy two flows and dump them before the axle. DUMPS LIKE A TRUCK!
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout
    until it empties into the 55 gallon drum muffler
    Which by the way makes for good target practice with a .45 when you are done. Don't shoot the end though, it wont go through
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcagg02
    i finally got back an was able to check, i do have two cats on my truck like i thought. where did you hear that chevy's came stock with 4?
    I was thinking of the old body style vortec trucks....they have 4 cats on them. Oh well.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    Who cares about pretty if you want cheap, go buy two flows and dump them before the axle. DUMPS LIKE A TRUCK!
    ...or the 2-in, 1-out they make just for chevys

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo
    I was thinking of the old body style vortec trucks....they have 4 cats on them. Oh well.
    Not tryin to bust your balls, but my 97 only has 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

hmm....then why does my mother's 99 have 4 and my oldest brother's 96 have 4?
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

Oh my god! There's 3 Brune brothers?
    weird...
    Perhaps your mom and brother are extremely environmentally conscious, and had them put on "just in case" there were a few hydrocarbons the first one missed
    I'll ask her tonight
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Well, they might be there and you just aren't looking for them. They are small and they hang out right behind the manifolds on the exhaust sytem, then further downstream there are two more....or maybe I'm smoking the good **** today....I don't know.

either my truck's been modified (very possible...had twice pipes when I got it) or you're smoking the mota buena...unless the "secret cats" are cast and disguised as manifolds

I'd throw on a pair of long glass packs, and H pipe, and dump it before the axle and hope its not too loud. My 4" dump also keeps the axle from rusting.

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota
    either my truck's been modified (very possible...had twice pipes when I got it) or you're smoking the mota buena...unless the "secret cats" are cast and disguised as manifolds

the hunting lodge i worked at was named Mota Bonita. in old school spanish it means beautiful group or trees, but not in tex-mex. you shoulda seen the looks i got in town when i told them where i worked. mind you, in falfurrias, everyone speaks spanglish and smokes mota.

is that flow on your truck? im wanting one for the skizzout but i dont want anything too loud, i got tired of the drone of the old turbos. hows it sound?

my old 96 tahoe 5.7 vortec has two cats and my mom's 03 5.3l suburban has two. i think you got a bad batch of brownies fred. are you sure you're not thinking about 02 sensors? what you're saying sounds familiar, as in i think ive seen it before, but really though, whats the point in four cats? four 02's i understand but...

You may want to check out some of the new products from Kalecoauto http://www.kalecoauto.com/general.htm

BigRedFord04
    Quote Originally Posted by jmancuso
    You may want to check out some of the new products from Kalecoauto http://www.kalecoauto.com/general.htm

Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02
    the hunting lodge i worked at was named Mota Bonita. in old school spanish it means beautiful group or trees, but not in tex-mex.

is that flow on your truck? im wanting one for the skizzout but i dont want anything too loud, i got tired of the drone of the old turbos. hows it sound?
    another fun fact: a small group of trees, particularly oaks, such as is found in our post-oak savannah, is called a "mott." Coincidence?

Yeah, that's a flowmaster on my truck. Sounds pretty good, a lot deeper than the dual flows I had on it before, but almost no backpressure. I think I lost some low-end torque. It was my cheapest option and that's why I did it, but I think flowmasters suck and rust out quick and I would choose any brand of muffler over a flowmaster any day. That should mean something coming from someone who's now on his 4th and 5th flowmaster.

[QUOTE=uglyota]another fun fact: a small group of trees, particularly oaks, such as is found in our post-oak savannah, is called a "mott." Coincidence? [QUOTE]

yeah, thats what we called all the clusters of live oaks on the king ranch. i.e.- the "big mott" in the east azul pasture was a big landmark. i walked through it a couple of times looking for large plots of skrilla but with no luck. if you want weed down there you have to find the mexicans that are smuggling it across the ranch in duffle bags. my boss's bird dog pointed 115 lbs of the good stuff last year that some poor, probably dead now, guys left out there.

haha no wonder you decided to wander around King Ranch instead of getting a real job