Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Big NASTY

True Hollywood Stry
    well i got the jbg superflex coils in today and they are awesome looking, also reinstalled the gear box, extnended trac-bar drop, and put both radius arms back on.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

rednek ram?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

True Hollywood Stry
    yes sir rednack ram with the 1.5 in ram. i havent installled the ram yet jsut the gearbox so i can hurry and get my ****pile running before it rusts into oblivion. also i got half of my uncles cherokee painted its starting to come together as well.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

True Hollywood Stry
    well i have been getting quite a bit done lately onthe bronco,but getting things done has lead to more and more problems. i sanded/wire brushed everything and painted everything all nice and shiny, so i finally after much work i get the damn huge ass lift coils in there. i was expecting some c-shaped bending cause thats what these damn trucks jsut do. well the damn pasenger side coil has the c -shape to it more than the other coil does but it also has this neat s shaped curve that starts after the first one so it is all ****ed up. so now i get to disassemble the whole front end and buy a new cup and all that fun stuff, so while i am at it i am gonna fight my jewish tendencies and order the sierra bronco straightners. any ways it is gonna bea bad dude when it finally get rolling.

to tate, austin or bret or anyone if you have a spring bucket for my please let me know imedditally call 979-574-5870.

i hate me truck......

True Hollywood Stry
    here are the two designs that i was thinking of originally, the one with the triangulation was what i was leaning towards what do you all think and yes they are crappy drawings
    Attached Images Attached Images    

True Hollywood Stry
    well here are some pictures of my ****ed up coil springs any help would be outstanding. the last picture show how the coil also bows from the coil bucket on top the the bucket on the bottom it makes it look as though the axle is like and inch or two farther forward than the top bucket from the side.

True Hollywood Stry
    no the top buckets are good i got a guy sending me some new bottom cups

reason the coil is bent out so bad i have no idea but i believe it is the coil cup n bottom.

True Hollywood Stry
    well i have gotten some work doone in the last few days, i have got the sterling all rebuilt with new seals and brakes, now i just have to have the drums turned,and weld the spider gears. i also have gottem the tires and rims mounted and balanced, and have made some good progress on my front bumper. once the ankle stops ****ing hurting im fixing those coils, and doin the rear end swap and lift.

Moose
    correction shims are 7 degrees.

just got off the phone with ron boggs with sierra bronco. said the early bronco shims (67-77) he's using is 1" from center to center of the bolt holes. he said though, the upper shims are designed to fit inside the upper retaining ring, no matter the spacing or model of the bolt holes. i told him i'll be receiving my new lower coil cups in the mail in a few days. when i do, i'll measure the distance on my new cups and he'll take that distance and make me a new pair. little more than $70 though because of the labor on the side.

True Hollywood Stry
    well the last few days i have gottem the sterling all rebuilt and made a decent looking bumper for the front, it still needs some more plate for a rock skid,but it will do alright.
    i also disassembled the front end, and made my own 7 degree shims out of two 2inx3in 3/8 in flat plate welded together, then cut and grinded a 7 degree slant into it, and drilled the holes, for the radius arm, i also grinded the top of the radius arm flat so that it everything will set flat, and one more thing to fix these coils i cut out another round flat piece of 3/8 plate and am going to weld that to the bottom of the coil cup for a true flat mounting surface for my shims. i also drilled the top of the coil tower and used a 1 and 3/4 in u bolt to hold the second rung of the coil below the d-shape cup on the top bucket. the shims will fixthe front to rear bow, and the grinding of the arm along with the plate and u bolt will fix the outside left to right bow.

all of this for a wooping 5 bucks and quite a bit of time, but much better than a couple weeks for modifed sierra bronco shims and definetly less than there 70 dollar price. pics coming soon.

Moose
    Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler
    i also disassembled the front end, and made my own 7 degree shims out of two 2inx3in 3/8 in flat plate welded together, then cut and grinded a 7 degree slant into it, and drilled the holes, for the radius arm, i also grinded the top of the radius arm flat so that it everything will set flat, and one more thing to fix these coils i cut out another round flat piece of 3/8 plate and am going to weld that to the bottom of the coil cup for a true flat mounting surface for my shims. i also drilled the top of the coil tower and used a 1 and 3/4 in u bolt to hold the second rung of the coil below the d-shape cup on the top bucket. the shims will fixthe front to rear bow, and the grinding of the arm along with the plate and u bolt will fix the outside left to right bow.

all of this for a wooping 5 bucks and quite a bit of time, but much better than a couple weeks for modifed sierra bronco shims and definetly less than there 70 dollar price. pics coming soon.

True Hollywood Stry
    haha i installed the coils today and all i can say is damn these things look good now there is still a barely noticeable bow from front to rear and as for the bow towards the tire it is almost gone totally. once i build my extended johhny joint radius arms the little bow i have will go away i believe because now with the new jbg coils(7 in.) and the shims (1 in) i am setting at about eight inches for a while till the coils sag some, and a 7 degree shim is only for 6 in of lift correction. damn this mofo is big on the 38's.

True Hollywood Stry
    yeha when you move the arms you have to do some support bracing to the trans bracket. also most poeple will box part of the frame opposite the side of the new arms for more support, and they also usually install some pieces of pipe or square tube for added strength. there is a pretty good thread on www.fullsizebronco.com in the 78-79 bronco tech section that is called "radius arm extensions suck ballz" yes that is the exact spelling and it gives lots of info. i wouldnt buy a new set of extended arms, but i am also a jew when is comes to spending money, especially when i can make it myself. here are some pics of my coils and the bronco as it sits now i hope to get the lift done and be driving it buy wed. of this coming week. the first two pics are before and after of the pasenger side coil which was the worst. and the bronco hood is now level with the top of my head 5'7.

True Hollywood Stry
    well either setup would work good, i myself think the solid would be stronger since yes you are but welding you piece of 2 in solid stock to the arm, butthem you are sleeving the outside with pipe then welding that on 4-8 inches further down the arm, also you could have both ends ofyour barstock extension drilled and tappedto accept the radius arm bolts for added strength.

on a second note i finished the rear end lift and axle swap last night, i dont have pics of everything yet but here are a few with my new bumper that is not finished, all new front clip, with hoood, grille, and with the ass end almost level.

True Hollywood Stry
    they are 7 degree up front joel the bushings. the front now sets like almost 2 in higher than the rear so i am in need of some add a leafs or more stock leafs. yeha shawn you can definately catch a ride sometime. here are some pics with it all dont but crapy quality as they are from a camera phone.