Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Big NASTY

Frick, for future reference take the camera phone out of your pocket before you take the pictures

PS when you comin' back to CS? I need a new drinkin' partner.....both mine have jobs and suck
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

True Hollywood Stry
    Quote Originally Posted by uglyota
    just make some shackles (or flip the ones you've got)
    do you really need to trim the fenders? seems like a shame after all that body work.
    come on who are you talking to i have already done a shackle flip since i am the biggest jew in the world. i have f-350 front side rear shackles in the back, with a shackle flip, and the stock ford like 1 in degreed block.

and jerry drinking will commence AUG. 20
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

True Hollywood Stry
    second report, bronco steers like a huge pile of doody, cant go over 35 on the speedo without changing lanes rapidly from side to side with no control. i then slowly drove it to a reputable front end and lift shop where me and the owner examined it and it seems that i have way to much of an angle and lift past what the 7 degree bushing in the radius arm fixed, so i now have to get my arms built pronto when i get back to college station, and i also have to lengthen the existing trac bar, or build a adjustable bar, i believe this has to do with the extreme case of death wobble.

but on a good note i took it to my friends house(slowly) and drove it and flexed it on lots of old telephone poles and chit and everything worked good. cant wait to get back to c.s. this friday with or without the bronco in tow. if i dont bring it with me it will be brought the next week.

and i think i am going to raise my coil towers like and inch to get this ho level instead of putting more lift in the rear.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

True Hollywood Stry
    well it finally made it and you all cannot argue that it doesnt exist, and it arivved in the true "big nasty" entrance leaking oil like the exxon valdez. alrighty that is all for now

True Hollywood Stry
    Hell yeah boys i got a dana 60 king pin front axle for the bronco, and the best news is i only had to pay like 150 bucks for it, the junk yard my friend found it at wanted 350 and my friend owed me 225 for my old nine inch and parts i sold him, so i just gave him 150 for the 60 and we are even now. the only thing it seems to need is bearings,rotors,hub and possibly brakes for the drivers side since someone ganked those already. i am not sure of the gearing yet but for that price who gives a poo.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by stx4wheeler; 09-10-2004 at 01:48 PM.

True Hollywood Stry
    turns out they had all the brakes, rotors, bearings and hubs, and put them on and also i got it for 300 instead of three fifty cause my dad told him he would give the guy 300 for it so they guy that removed it wouldnt have to make it go through the junkyard and also got a cruise control servo for his f-350 whoo hooo

BigRedFord04
    i hate you.

True Hollywood Stry
    alright havent updated this **** in a while, lately i have raised the buckets up to lower it another inch, and it still sits a little ass low but that should change when the springs sag, if i ever get to drive it. i was having trouble steering it and thought it was the p/s pump so i replaced it today and it made little to no difference so friday after i get out at 11 25 i am gonna weld on the hydro steer ram, and hook it all up, and hopefully kiss chitty steering good bye for good. then after bleeding the brakes, and maybe a new battery i can drive the big nasty around some. i also relocated the shock o nthe passenger side to infront of the coil to match the driver side. i got pics ill put them up in a day or so.

savvyaggie
    new meaning for "redneck" ram, wait till ya'll see how we got it alined to tack in in place!!!!!

True Hollywood Stry
    alright guys cause of time restraints i have decided to wheel the big nasty with the 44 at TCC 3, i plan on getting all of the litle stuff done to it to make my maiden wheeling voyage more pleasant today i am ordering a new aluminium radiator to replace the anemic two core that someone put in there to try and keep a 460 cool, and also ordering power steering cooler, and a bigger tranny cooler to try and help the tranny out a little sincei am gonna be rollin 38's and 3.55's. i am also gonna start on a simple cage kinde of like freddys for tcc.

Today i will be at coopers house working on electrical and other random stuff, anyone is welcome to come on by if you need directions call 979-574-5870, thanks kevin

True Hollywood Stry
    haha thats the plan clayton, to take it easy i am gonna weld the u joint caps in, so that hopefully the journal on the u joint will break before it takes out the shaft, i dont plan on pushing my truck very hard at all prolly jsut aggie alley and waterfall and other eaisier areas, one because i have the 44 and two because i need to re-learn how to drive my truck again cause i went from stock with an worn out ass motor, to a fresh motor, lifted, locked rear end, hydro steer, it is gonna wheel totally different than what i am use to..

austin has a beefy 302, really low gears and a heavy truck.
    Now that ryan has a motor with some power he's blowing stuff up too.
    By the sound of it, your truck has a lot more power than either and will eat your ujoints no matter what.

So you've welded the caps so the ears don't stretch or break, maybe you can get away with stock shafts, why not put a couple aftermarket ujoints in there and see what happens? Hell, pass the cost down to clayton (I assume he's claimed the axle when you go 60)?
    10 hours is a lot of towing to break quick and spend the rest of the weekend in 4x2
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

True Hollywood Stry
    i have spare shafts for the 44 so that is not such a big deal, if anything i was gonna replace the ujoints with new ones in the shafts that are in there right now since i am sure they have never been replaced.

and nothing has been welded yet so i am trying to figure out what is gonna be best, and from what i hear from people on the fullsize board, if you put fanct u joints in stock shafts the shaft will break before the joint, basically i am jsut trying to save the shafts, and could give a rats ass about the joints since that is the cheap and easy part, if most of you all say that you believe weldin them is gonna hurt from the shafts breakage point then i wont do it i am gonna post my questions on fullsize since there is more people running my setup and destroying this type of setup and get a better prognosis.

I got no stinkin u-joints (except in my driveshaft) so I'm talkin out my arse, but it seems to me that once these guys toast a u-joint, it usually takes out the shaft as well; if the ears don't rip off when the joint breaks, they're stretched out and won't hold the new joint in very well anyway. If you get to the point where you have a welded-in fancy ujoint and start breaking the actual shafts (not the ears) then it's chromo or 60 time, right?

Can we start a pool for where the Nasty breaks it's first ujoint? I'll put $5 on the rocky flat area at the start of Aggie Highway
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler
    oh yeah its cage, and exhaust time...
    What the....did I read that right. BigNasty with real exhaust, whats the world coming to
    Last edited by TxCruzr; 11-21-2005 at 01:21 PM.
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's