Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Big NASTY

looks good. id grind the diamond plate flat under the bolt heads and nuts on the heim mounts. they'll load properly and tend to stay tight better.

True Hollywood Stry
    yeah thats what i ahd planned to do when i get it back to my house john here is yesterdays work, the lower and upper trac bar mounts are done along with the gussets i made for them. tommy came over and welded some stuff for my last night , and i ower ryan big for helping me with all this stuff for the last week, its about 85 percent done, from a driveability stand point.

all i need to do is do the brake lines and bleed the brakes. then once its back at my house ill do my hydro assist tabs.
    New pics start at picture 113
    http://tamor.us/members-rigs/dana-60-swap?page=13

http://tamor.us/members-rigs/dana-60-swap?page=13
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

The spiderweb gussets are klassy!

diamond plate...it's the redneck bling!
    you gonna brace that frame-side trac-bar mount to the crossmember?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

True Hollywood Stry
    i dunno about bracing it, it isnt like on a ttb truck where the crossmember is right across from the trac bar. i probably will brace it somehow. the diamond plate looks like ass i agree, but it is what i had at the time last summer, i may grind some of the diamonds down, or take some light weight metal and weld over and kinda box the arm after the sleeve to get rid of it.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

True Hollywood Stry
    WEll its had tires on it and has been complete for a bout a week i have driven it twice, and it seems to bea lot more stable and tighter when driving it. i need to do lots of little things to it to get it completely finished
    need to do:
    set gears
    grind diamonds off of brackets
    finish cuting and install the inner frame braces
    build a radius arm crossmember
    sleeve and finish welding driver side arm
    Re install hydro assist and weld tabs
    change caster a little bit more

Hey Do You Have Any Extra Spring Shims?
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

True Hollywood Stry
    seth i have some that i made from scratch, i may reuse them, if i dont ill sell them to you.

got the passengerside inner frame braces cut and installed today and it makes a big difference.

cool i will def need them. I have some bar stock, did you just take a grinder to them? would ordering leaf shims be easier? I def need them soon, springs are hitting tires ***
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck

True Hollywood Stry
    the springs hitting the tires has nothing to do with those shims seth. the shims correct coil bow front to back. you need to use some small u bolts in your upper buckets to correct that like i had mentioned to you before. also it isnt a bad idea to weld a piece of flat plate onto the bottom of the lower coil cup, as well as grinding the top of the radius arm where the lower coil mount sets, so that it is flat.

i was thinking of some kinda shim for the side to side as well instead of flat plate. i think I am gonna grind and flatten the cups too, might see what that does by itself.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck

True Hollywood Stry
    do not grind down or beat the lower coil cup, you will mess it up more than help it, do like i said and weld a piece of plate to the bottom of it.

Also your adding a shim to the side will not work either, because that will mess up your shimming front to back. Also that is not the part of the coil that is making it bow outwards towards the tires. the reason for the bow is that with the soft springs plus having a litttle bit wider frame, makes the back side of the coil is not sit flush in the upper bucket. trust me this is how you fix both problems, i have fixed both of them so make it easy on yourself and do what i recommend to you.

True Hollywood Stry
    Alright here is an update. me and cook aligned my shat the other day and i finished most of the little things, and the truck drives awesome. Heck it drives almost like it did stock, which is a huge improvement from how it used to drive!

only problem it has now is when i get on the brakes hard at speed it seems to shimmy back and forth some, i am going to check the tightness on the wheels bearings.

Now i have bought and installed stock manifolds, and gotten rid of the nasty headers and exhaust that it had before.
    So in my quest to get a y pipe, and single 3 in to an 80 series flowmaster,i have had hell. So i have the truck loaded up today after talking to the guy at rusty muffler, he told me just put the manifolds on and we will do the rest for around 250. So i load it up on the trailer and take it over there this morning. i get there and am taking the muffler out of the truck and goes where are the flanges for the manifolds? I tell him i dont have then, he replies neither do I.
    So disgusted i ask, so can you find or order me a set of flanges, he then says with a serious face what do you want me to do Sh*t yo out a pair. then he made some comment about me being a silly college kid. At this point i threw my muffler back in my truck, and tolsd him well then you dont need my money either and left.

I called around to a few shops to find a place that had the flanges, in the end i found some at bryan muffler and performance. These guys kick ass, yes it is gonna cost me almost a hundred bucks more, but these guys know there shat and are very nice. The guy was like dont worry if we dont get it done today, cause of a broken pipe bending cylinder, but he said dont worry man ill keep it inside tonight so nobody messes with your bronco. Then me and him shot the **** about cams and motors and stuff for a while. So go to bryan muffler and performance if you want a good job done by nice people.

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler
    ...he then says with a serious face what do you want me to do Sh*t yo out a pair.
    that's pretty funny
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler
    Heck it drives almost like it did stock,
    YOu did not own this vehicle when it was in "stock" form. It had been thoroughly mexicanized by the time you took posession
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!