Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Utah

stinger7401

Utah

Anyone want to go to utah with me??? Im leavin next friday, YEAAAAH!!!

Matt Conlee
    nope

stinger7401
    In Albaquorque tonight and will spend tomorrow in Durango/Ouray, then through Moab and on to Park City, should have some pics tomorrow

Violentv8toy
    might as well ask now....

I'm wanting to do a Rubicon/Moab trip soon after school starts (october)

anyone up for it?

EDIT: or colorado

So is this going to be a weekend trip?

Violentv8toy
    yeah....it will be about a week and yes it will have an end to it, sadly.

i've got a new Ferd and a trailer that easily will fit another toy or a fullsize*cough*eric*cough*

What about school?

Violentv8toy
    i dunno, i didn't think that far ahead yet, man!

I'm thinking sometime where we've got like 4-5 days off.

Thanksgiving? What is the weather like in moab and the rubicon at that time?
    In colorado it might be a tad cool in some of the mountain trails. ~50

I think it would be cool to organize an event where Tamor could go wheeling somewhere in the west. (especially since i haven't been on one) I've got access to a few decently good shops in colorado and plenty of rooms in denver/springs/walsenburg/phoenix/Cruces/Vegas/Lake Tahoe to cut down on costs. Its really something that I WILL do with my pops, i'm just kinda telling everyone in advance to see if anyone would be interested in going.

Maybe i'm biting off a bit more than I can chew....i'd be happy with a run through the rubicon....esp when we don't know how long the rubicon will last.

Figure: Total Est. Time: 32 hours, 7 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1864.26 miles
    in a vehicle that gets 10mpg when towing, @ 1.75/gal it would be ~$330 to get there. Those with gas engines it might take a tad bit longer and be a bit more expensive. Plenty of people in the club have long flatbeds and 4 door diesels....not to mention the RRDH club.

EDIT: drive all day/night...plenty of drivers...3 meals...pretty much sums up to 2.5 days of driving round trip and 2.5 days of wheeling.

Anyone think this might be something they might like to do? or are some of you content on seeing pix of my crapper stalling on obstacles? if we started organizing now, and everyone saved up a little bit of money here and there, it would definately be something cool we could all do.
    Last edited by Violentv8toy; 06-27-2004 at 05:27 PM.

The most we get off in the fall is 4 days for Thanksgiving. Some might be able to get out of their Wednesday classes, while others may have tests on those days. To get a trip like that down to where us college students can afford it we really have to tow 2+ rigs per trailer. I could handle $330 for fuel, but $660 is a bit much. Where are all the 40 ft goosenecks when you need them?

Violentv8toy
    what about other popular wheeling places then? Tellico? how far is that?

Violentv8toy
    Total Est. Time: 17 hours, 23 minutes Total Est. Distance: 976.22 miles

thats about 350 roundtrip...would that make it easier?

20 hours long hall. It was not that good for how far it is. For the drive you could go to las cruses or arazona and have some real fun.
    Ryan Busa
    CP# 972-281-7106
    rbusatoy@hotmail.com

Violentv8toy
    well, not only am I looking for good wheeling, i'm just looking at places I've never been.

What is Cruces like wheelingwise? I'd rather not go to AZ...if i were to go, i might as well go to the rubicon too.

usmcagg02
    if i'm still in tx and you got an open seat i'd be up for it. as long as you only stop for gas and to switch drivers we could really cut down on the drive time.

Violentv8toy
    thats the only way i drive