Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Your old ****ty bike or bike parts

Your old ****ty bike or bike parts

Jimmy brought down a new project.....and we need some parts off a bike to use on it.

Here are some things we need

Bike chain
    Sprockets
    brakes
    brake levers

all donations to be compensated with beer or a couple bucks

also once we get a chain we will need to borrow a chain tool to shorten the chain to our desired length
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Shaggy
    details?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy
    details?
    Death scooter....I dont have a digital camera anymore so you'd have to see it in person
    So you loose, I win!

do i see a chinsaw motor on a bike in the works? i always wanted to do that.

It is a stretched scooter like you used to have when you were a kid, the stand up push kind. It was an early BMF project that never reached fruition, I am looking to ressurect it because Jerry lives 200 yards from me and that is just too damn far to walk, especially when drunk It has a go-kart tires/sprocket on the back, and it will be powered by a 3 hp briggs that came off on of those ****ty edgers. We also need a throttle cable/control like found on a jet-ski, and I'd like to set-up some lights on it for safety's sake If anyone has any parts they think would help, that would be cool, now all we need is some motivation...
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

You can still get a DWI on it, and all kinds of other fines that go with not having it street legal, and it will attract such things. Maybe you should consider a bicycle, or a grown up size bigwheel would be badass.

Mack84
    oh my I would love to get a grown-up sized big wheel. I would take it to campus and lock it up with all the other bikes weeeeee. If anyone wants to make me one i will give you money

Quote Originally Posted by eight
    You can still get a DWI on it, and all kinds of other fines that go with not having it street legal, and it will attract such things. Maybe you should consider a bicycle, or a grown up size bigwheel would be badass.
    rig it up to a wheelchair. no one ever got a dwi for being handicapped

usmcagg02
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack84
    oh my I would love to get a grown-up sized big wheel. I would take it to campus and lock it up with all the other bikes weeeeee. If anyone wants to make me one i will give you money

you gonna supply the parts to make it? i think i got an idea how i could do it

just get some bike lights to see at night. do you already have a centrifical clutch? if not,You could just rig it up like the edger with a v-belt and an idler to engage. you wouldn't need a throttle cable then. start it up, set it a full throttle, engage the idler and slip the belt to get it going. make a suicide shifter like on old bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by usmcagg02
    you gonna supply the parts to make it? i think i got an idea how i could do it
    hey bring it, i want one, we got all the tools here to make one.

i've got a snake man, you guys want to feed it some rats...
    seriously from now on anytime a thread gets hijakced it is no longer "hijacked" it will forever be known as "snaked" from now on...
    so stop "snaking" my ****ing thread, anyone got extry parts?
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout
    i've got a snake man, you guys want to feed it some rats...
    seriously from now on anytime a thread gets hijakced it is no longer "hijacked" it will forever be known as "snaked" from now on...
    so stop "snaking" my ****ing thread, anyone got extry parts?

Hey Jimmy, that new Beastie Boys CD kinda sucks

try looking at university surplus, they usually have thousonds of bikes and auction them by the pallet load. you could make it a 50 speed with a pallet of bikes.

maybe they'll sell one or two. also, there's alway rusty old broken down bikes on campus. just take ya some bolt cutters and go shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02
    try looking at university surplus, they usually have thousonds of bikes and auction them by the pallet load. you could make it a 50 speed with a pallet of bikes.

maybe they'll sell one or two. also, there's alway rusty old broken down bikes on campus. just take ya some bolt cutters and go shopping.
    Turns out that we have to buy special chain.....bike chain has a different "pitch" (learned that word today) then the chain we need. Found a kickass website that we will probably get most of our **** off of....we still need a front brake off of a bike though.

Sure you can get a dwi on it, but you know what you can get one for sitting in your truck drunk, and you can get a PI when the officer asks you to step out of a truck and you are drunk, even if you weren't driving.

SO enough of the technicalities and give me my parts!
    So you loose, I win!