Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 4.10 gears for an 8.8

Shaggy

4.10 gears for an 8.8

i am looking for some 4.10 gears for an 8.8 if anyone has some lying around... my f150 cant tow worth crap and i cant afford anything else so i am gonna jsut gear it a little

Would 3.73 be good enough?

Shaggy
    would be better than what i got but i kinda wanna go lower

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    i have those exact gears sitting on the side of the house in an 8.8...ill let them go for $50...are you sure your truck has an 8.8 though?
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

Shaggy
    yes it is an 8.8... it is a 2000 and it is the last year they put drum 8.8s in them
    ... this 8.8 you have on the side of the house wouldnt be disk would it?

no sir...it sure isnt...so you want the gears out of it?
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500

My 2000 F150 has disks on the rear 8.8

I think you got fuct.

$29.99...Awesome Auto Salvage Jefferson Blvd. Grand Prarie, Texas, West of Loop 12. That's all I'm gonna say.

Shaggy
    and 50$ worth of gas to get there

True Hollywood Stry
    tate please tell me you are not gonna try and tow your bronco with that light weight truck, the bronco weighs more than the truck, alright

mr. saftey signing off for the night.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Shaggy
    why the hell not.. i towed with my half ton dodge back in the day... it only had the 305 so this isnt that much worse

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy
    why the hell not.. i towed with my half ton dodge back in the day... it only had the 305 so this isnt that much worse
    Does dodge make a 305....i thought it was a 318.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

You really should have a weight distributing hitch and electric brakes with that much weight. I know you're kind of broke and that **** would cost a good bit o cash, but it'd suck worse to have a totaled truck/trailer/bronco when it sways too much or you can't stop. Or of course you could just go slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy
    and 50$ worth of gas to get there
    For a complete axle. Let's see...$50 for a set of USED gears (plus may need new bearing for pinion, crush sleave etc. and time to install it) or $80 for a COMPLETE Axle drum to drum...Hmmm.. I'm no Scientologist (stealing Jerry's line) but, I think that Awesome has better deal

Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke
    For a complete axle. Let's see...$50 for a set of USED gears (plus may need new bearing for pinion, crush sleave etc. and time to install it) or $80 for a COMPLETE Axle drum to drum...Hmmm.. I'm no Scientologist (stealing Jerry's line) but, I think that Awesome has better deal

if you find a 2000 ford 8.8 rear end with 4.10's in it at a junk yard for 80...let me know and ill come get it(even though i dont have any use for it)...my point is, i doubt your gonna find many 8.8's up there with 4.10's in them....its not a stock ratio for the trucks those axles came in....also i highly doubt that he would be able to find those gears in a 8.8 that came out of the body style he has. if im not mistaken, the speed sensor is in the rear axle...and im sure it has some ABS horse hocky as well....therefore if he finds an axle up there for 80, and then pulls the gears out of it....he would have to then put them in his axle and so on and so on....so he would still need to get all that stuff as well...
    Last edited by StevenAg03; 06-24-2004 at 10:50 PM.
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500