Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: junked 93 f250

junked 93 f250

OK i have a wrecked 1993 f 250 4X4 5 speed Diesel thats about to go to the junk yard. If i paint his shed he said i can have it rather than him selling it to the salvage place. the body is totalled, every peice is messed up. but mechanically what should i take off of it before it goes to the scrap yard. anything with the TTB worth taking? i know i'll grab the motor trans t case and rear end, but anything else worth taking apart? springs, brackets?
    Last edited by william_ace; 07-01-2004 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by william_ace
    OK i have a wrecked 1993 f 250 4X4 5 speed Diesel thats about to go to the junk yard. If i paint his shed he said i can have it rather than him selling it to the salvage place. the body is totalled, every peice is messed up. but mechanically what should i take off of it before it goes to the scrap yard. anything with the TTB worth taking? i know i'll grab the motor trans t case and rear end, but anything else worth taking apart? springs, brackets?
    When is it going to the junk yard? My room mate may want some pieces off of it since he has that exact truck, but he wont be back in town until after the 5th.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

we'll send it off when i get done with it. which wont be for a while. but he still has to file the proper paper work with the state since it was an "abandoned" vehical, to make it final that its his. anyhow, i guess just lemmie know.

I'll take some peices of the ttb if you're not gonna do anything with it. See if I can make it into something fun.

BigRedFord04
    i'll trade you transmissions, that one wont bolt to your motor, but i could probably use pieces to fix mine. i'll even get the shift forks fixed for ya.

some of the ttb stuff may be bent, actually im pretty sure it is. but we'll see what we can work out. hopfully he can get the title soon so i can start rippin into it before i have to come back to CS. but yeah, i'll get all the junk out that i can.

usmcagg02
    what rear end does it have in it? what would you want for it?

Quote Originally Posted by usmcagg02
    what rear end does it have in it? what would you want for it?
    Sterling 10.25, I think, Kopeki?
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Yep, sterling 10.25. Has a smooth center section, 35 spline 1.5" shafts, long full float hubs, standard 8 lug pattern, plenty of lockers and gears available, no carrier split. I don't see why more people don't use these, if it has 4.10 gears I'll trade you a 14 bolt for it. With that and the d50 parts and some d60 inners I could make a sterling 10.5/d55 front. Could make my jeep "origional", like a solid axled mazda.
    Last edited by eight; 07-01-2004 at 09:46 PM.

AgDieseler
    How much for the engine? How many miles? Does it have a turbo? I know somebody that could use the engine, but probably doesn't need the turbo.

dont know how many miles it has, i think 200k, but i would put my money on it that it still runs, i tried to start the motor but the ignition is broke, the key just turns and turns. its a 93 and it dont say turbo on the side, so i doubt that it has one. lemmie know.

Since this is in tech-
    if your exhaust routes up to something that looks like this:

before going out the tailpipes, it probably has a turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    When is it going to the junk yard? My room mate may want some pieces off of it since he has that exact truck, but he wont be back in town until after the 5th.

Yeah Mike might want the tranny and transfer case to make his a 4x4. I heard him talk about it at one point in time.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

i know what a turbo is, im not stupid, well maybe a little, but the hood is smashed shut, i have to cut it off to see whats in there. i tried looking through the truck to see if there was a ford manuel anything, but there was not. so untill i take the hood off, it will be a mystery. oh yeah and it looks like its got a new starter in there too.

BigRedFord04
    fyi...those starters go for about $400 at the parts stores. if its new and works ebay it up.