Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 4 wheeler

Does suzuki still make the little 4x4? There used to be one with selectable 4wd and selectable front locker, 250cc, looks just like all the 200-250cc 2wd utilities. Small ones just handle so much better, where you are one with the machine, kinda like a motorcycle, instead of riding in the machine like in a truck. I can remeber way back in the day when 2wd 4wheeler's were light and the weight ratio was set for traction instead of donuts, and you didn't need 4wd.

BigRedFord04
    not topic related whatsoever, but i just noticed james's location: Hitch****

cody, you should fix that...another deal like "Godkin".

Mud King
    I got a 400EX Honda adn its a sport quad it runs like a scalded ape and never misses a beat. I ride mostly fast trails and it does great i have never been in a spot where i needed 4x4 cuz its got enough power to power through it. I think its an all around great bike it flies good and tops out right before 70. Would recommend it to anyone. Plus there starting to get cheap cuz the new 450R is out. Just my 2 cents.

cntryboy1865
    if you have never needed 4x4 than you have never been in anything. I got my stuck one time and had to use a backhoe to get it out. isn't the 400ex chain drive anyway. Those things annoy the **** out of me cause they stretch and break all the time

Mud King
    Good quality chains dont break, such as a gold DID 520. Never broke one.

Quote Originally Posted by cntryboy1865
    if you have never needed 4x4 than you have never been in anything. I got my stuck one time and had to use a backhoe to get it out. isn't the 400ex chain drive anyway. Those things annoy the **** out of me cause they stretch and break all the time
    You had to use a backhoe to get a 4 wheeler out? Holy ****, don't go offroading with me
    1988 Blazer...RIP

ishbo03
    so basically yall are sayin that if i end up bringing it on any of the trips i would need one with 4 wheel drive? i dont want to be the guy who alwasy get stuck and has to get help every 5min.

Quote Originally Posted by ishbo03
    so basically yall are sayin that if i end up bringing it on any of the trips i would need one with 4 wheel drive? i dont want to be the guy who alwasy get stuck and has to get help every 5min.
    They dont allow them at katemcy, unless they just recently changed that. Somebody brought one to llano last year, but we cant go there anymore. I dont know where you would take it. Unless maybe if we went on a beach trip or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    I dont know where you would take it. Unless maybe if we went on a beach trip or something.
    most beaches dont allow dirt bikes and 4 wheelers anymore... you cant even use jet ski's on the beach.... dont you love how people that ***** get there way all the time

Quote Originally Posted by J Cooper
    dont you love how people that ***** get there way all the time
    NO!
    wait...what were we talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

You can use a 4 wheeler in Shiloh...

gilmer allows them

cntryboy1865
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud King
    Good quality chains dont break, such as a gold DID 520. Never broke one.

I don't know much about gold chains, is that like the ones that Mr. T wears. My friend snapped the rear driveshaft on his foreman in half. that has to be tougher than a fourwheeler chain. Just from my experience and simplicity, a shaft drive fourwheeler has to be the way to go for utility and any kind of mud and rocks.

BigRedFord04
    Quote Originally Posted by ishbo03
    i dont mind hookin' ya up to a 50' strap behind my truck for the day. just hope to god that you can keep up.

U-joints on my dad's kawasaki 300 4x4 cost $70 each, I've replaced 4 of em and one more needs it now. That's in less than 2000 miles. Seems mud and water get past the seals, would be nice if they were greasable. The whole thing's a POS, but its got kickass tires with big grippers and never gets a flat, and gots a front locker, a worn superwinch, and a honda car muffler. The old suzuki 125 still had the origional chain when we sold it at 6500 miles, and it still ran like new too. It had a nice chain guard and guides and I never remember it falling off, or tightening it, or doing anything else to that 4wheeler besides chainging oil and cleaning the carb once.