Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: The stalling wonder - 91 toyota

Violentv8toy
    the place on texas/villa marilla....they want 46 bux/24 hours or 46 for the weekend.

I'll pay your buddy 25 for the weekend....or just hourly use of it...i'll prolly only need it tops 5 hours.

Violentv8toy
    well...accomplished alot this weekend.

Thursday and Friday, drank beer. Saturday I went to SA, got my pig-up back....full 2 tanks C/O pops. Went 245 miles on 12 gallons. Have 15 left.
    Its cheaper than the range rover. Also, picked up my new (to me) engine. He dyno'd it on the 11th, and it did ~190hp ~270 tq @ ~4000rpms I'll try to get the sheet thing scanned...looks good. The only problem is that the torque curve isn't as good as it should be. Right around 2700-2900 it gets squiggly and tq doesn't continue to climb until 2900 where it shoots back up. He said something about a power valve in the carb...dunno what the deal was. Also, past 4200, tq curve once again gets muddy. Rotor looks like it needs to be replaced. He gave me a folder full of reciepts and stuff. Great deal. Even got new plugs as well as an oil change last week.

Today, woke up and drove around for a bit, looking for a spot to do an engine swap. I remembered an abandoned car at Saucilito Apts that my friend told me about that hadn't moved for months. Figured i'd check it out. Lot had a good bit of room. There was even a really totaled dodge pickup there that supposedly hadn't been moved for 2 weeks....so i figured it was a safe enough spot to break out HEAVY RED (hoist). Got the old engine out....put in the new one easy enough. Just needs all the acc. headers and all that happy stuff....prolly gonna do that tomorrow. Should be running by wednesday. Thanks to all those that helped me out by lending me stuff, picking up trannys and engines, mating them together in a sexual manner, getting engine hoists for me and giving moral support. Its all appreciated. Too bad we didn't get a picture of the deal. I'm thinkin' that parking lot is a great spot to do a SAS if it needs to sit for a week or so.....like on a toyota...a toyota tacoma.

glad you got it done. sorry i didnt come through on the hoist but my buddy was out of town this weekend.

hey garret, you've been summened!

yeah how'd you like that hoist? I told Lance we should just weld on a trailer hitch and pull it behind us. Sorry we didn't get to unload it truck-truck. I ran out of time (as usual)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Violentv8toy
    thats cool, no biggie. It makes my truck look like a scorpion.

Quote Originally Posted by Violentv8toy
    thats cool, no biggie. It makes my truck look like a scorpion.
    yeah you don't have to worry about it tipping over out of your truck either...
    I did a little testing and feel fairly confident that you can drive like an ass with that thing in back and it will stay put
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Violentv8toy
    yeah, i noticed that too

btw....Travis and I decided that Toyotas in the club need their rear axle painted white.

well, it was mostly Will who decided. So, we'd appreciate it if you'd go right ahead and paint your rear axle white, eric.

I'm thinkin' that parking lot is a great spot to do a SAS if it needs to sit for a week or so.....like on a toyota...a toyota tacoma.
    you rang?

Been talking to andy at carolina rock shop and he has a 44 thats been laying around from his old xj for a while that I might be able to get for cheap, as long as i advertise for him and stick a big ass CRSU decal on my truck once i get the axle in. talked to the pops about it since we went in halves on the taco tho, and he wasnt too happy about my plans for it, so we'll see, but i should have a 44 riding shotgun on the way back from nc in jan.

yeah, i noticed that too

btw....Travis and I decided that Toyotas in the club need their rear axle painted white.

well, it was mostly Will who decided. So, we'd appreciate it if you'd go right ahead and paint your rear axle white, eric.
    may i ask why?
    and since when does will get to make decisions?

Violentv8toy
    well, he had the spray can. Either i buy another 97 cent can of black...or...i just talk all the other toys in the group into painting it white.

i make decisions always, you will listen! garret get that solid axle now!

Tilloda
    white rear axle it is...and will wants to sell his bronco and get a toyota

never!

...go right ahead and paint your rear axle white, eric.
    dang, I was gonna go with chrome, but if Will says so...
    I thought "alto orange" was the official tamor undercarriage color