Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: The stalling wonder - 91 toyota

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota
    I thought "alto orange" was the official tamor undercarriage color
    Gloss black or a real shiny metal flake that matches the color of your truck. Chrome is for shock hoops and stuff. All the blingity trucks do it
    Last edited by TxCruzr; 09-16-2005 at 04:26 PM.
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

nope, marios truck just looked so good that we changed it to white.

BigRedFord04
    i usually paint my stuff flat black and let oil leaks cover the undercarraige to make it glossy.

like having teflon skids!
    prevents rust, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Violentv8toy
    got my headers on.

Gonna replace a spark plug...put my new rotor in...reroute my fuel line....mount my starter....put the belt on for my p/s pump.....call it good and start her up...

git r done

Violentv8toy
    K, started up.

Ran good for a while pretty decently. Great throttle response. Then lost spark when the sun went down. I'm thinking there might be a light energy sensor gone out somewhere. I'll figure it out tomorrow when the light energy returns. If i get to bed by 4am tonight i might be able to get it drivable tomorrow.

yes the light energy sensors are notorious on chevy-equipped toyodys
    biggest problem is, they toggle from "run only when light is present" to "run only when no light is present" without warning.
    I hear they make steering and cooling difficult too
    Shoulda kept the 22re
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota
    Shoulda kept the 22re
    yeah, then running or not it would have about the same power output.

Violentv8toy
    k. fixed the problem. It was the rotor. She broke. Replaced. Ran.

Robert helped me put the exhaust back together. Started, ran. Sounds damn good and runs damn good. Tomorrow i'll hook up the tq converter and put the bushings back under the t-case and driveshafts and reseal the water pump and call it done. Then i'll put my cd player back in.

Speaking of which, do i need little gaskets for my water pump? Can i just use silicon? Its leaking cause i just slapped it on like the idiot i am. Im excited about the good running engine though.

Will silicone take the heat? If it will, then that should work, but vatozone should have a seal for cheap for standard gm stuff.
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

Quote Originally Posted by Violentv8toy
    Speaking of which, do i need little gaskets for my water pump? Can i just use silicon? Its leaking cause i just slapped it on like the idiot i am. Im excited about the good running engine though.
    I just used silicon...permatex gray, but I'm sure someone will argue

Water wasnt leaking out it was somewhere between squirting and gushing ***.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Right Stuff by Permatex...expensive, but the best sealer I've found anywhere. You know it's good when Land Rover specifies it as a Genuine Part replacement. If British cars aren't leaking they're out of fluid unless of course you used Right Stuff.

BigRedFord04
    Right Stuff is awesome. you'll see/feel the quality when you squeeze it out of the tube. i've also had really good luck w/ "gasket sealer". you still use a gasket, but put this stuff on both sides before installing it. go buy the gaskets....they're like 25 cents.