Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: The stalling wonder - 91 toyota

Violentv8toy
    its not so much the cv....when my front cv binds, it won't break...but when the single u-joint on the axle side binds, it will break (or spit a cap) But yeah, i ground down the chevy yoke as well as the axle yoke.

As for the rear, i haven't ground the chevy u-joint (which i will do). And i use a toyota u-joint on the axle side, and those will operate at a good angle.

Violentv8toy
    anyone have some really tall jackstands i could borrow sunday the 10th until tuesday night? Either that or does anyone know of anywhere i can pick up 8 cinder blocks? (free since i'm poor)

Violentv8toy
    gonna work on my toyota today at sevilla....if anyone wants to come.

Violentv8toy
    pulled rear axle....cleaned with wire brush on grinder....gonna do brakes and seals tomorrow. tuesday gonna turn the perches and paint and reinstall.

anyone have some 3" tube perches they wanna sell me?
    Last edited by Violentv8toy; 07-10-2005 at 10:07 PM.

Check out the rpm specs on a wire wheel and compare them to the rpm specs on your grinder. Wear your goggles! No more white axle?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Violentv8toy
    i never painted that damn white axle. will did. it looked like ****. i get parts at cost through work....so the toy won't be such a piece a month from now and hopefully i can go wheeling the 31st.

If you need spring perches they have them at any Jeep parts house.

P/N 1-P4120074

I think they're about $10-15.

yah right that white axle looks sweet. every toy should have one!!

Violentv8toy
    im gonna rewire my engine. What gauge wire do i need to use? my crap keeps burning out. Stock harness like the lights and radio work fine. I need to rewire my starter....alternator....choke....and key.

Violentv8toy
    OK. heres my before height. Tomorrow i'll post my after height. (camera is in my land rover)

I got rid of the blocks and the overload on the chevy springs and it dropped it a very noticeable amount. I still need the fitting for my vent hose on my axle. Other than that, its done.

Before:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Violentv8toy
    Heres the front hanger and shackle hanger that i built at 15 and will change.

Front hanger is 5" drop and its gonna get about a 2" (or less if possible) drop. I'm having it built at the moment.

Shackle hanger is going back to a through frame design. Its got a 7" shackle on it but im going to a 5.5" x 1.5" offset shackle.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

so you're coming to Alto?
    look at my spring hanger. It's beefy with a little less than 2" more drop than stock and way easy to make.

btw I'm gonna knock those corners off the front and brace the inside, but mainly for looks. It really doesn't need it
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

You've been saying you're gonna do that for the last 7 months.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

my truck and I both have bigger fish to fry. Ask Karl