Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: gears

ishbo03

gears

would low gears in my 77 blazer compensate for the lack of 4low in the transfer case? the rebuilt transfer case that i put in there only came with 4 high and 2low but no 4low

BigRedFord04
    well....technically it could....if you went w/ like 5.39s or something...but then you couldnt drive it on the street

sounds like they rebuilt it wrong

I'll bet its a full time 4wd t-case (np203) with the wrong shift knob. you are locking the hubs, right?

BigRedFord04
    Originally posted by robertf03
    I'll bet its a full time 4wd t-case (np203) with the wrong shift knob. you are locking the hubs, right?
    thats kinda what i was thinkin'...and maybe you think b.c. it feels so much different in 4-low thats when it is just in 4wd

ishbo03
    its a np203, i got it from a junk yard and when i shift it into 4low, only the rear drive shaft spins, the front one doesnt rotate. and if i put the low gears in it, it would only be for the trail, its not my daily driver.

ishbo03
    originally the case was for full time 4x4 but supposedly the guy who i bought the truck from said he installed a part time 4x4 kit where i can shift it into 2wd. the 4 high is plenty of power for the mud but not nearly enough if i were to take it on a trail with yall over some rocks or something. right now the truck is in houston and im debating on whether it would be worth it try and bring it up here or continue trying to sell it.

i didnt know they made a part time kit for the 203, but as long as the reduction part works, doubler time!!!

does it happen to be a 4 speed? if so, i change my mind, unload it as quickly and as cheap as possible

Violentv8toy
    I may be able to get you a good np203 for pretty cheap (100) if you're interested. Do you have a th350?

Let me know.

ishbo03
    im not sure if i have a th350. i believe the original one is in the truck if thats what it came with. yea i would be interested in one for 100$ since i had to pay 200$ for the last one that dont even have 4low. would u be able to help me install it? i had to pay like 300$ in labor last time and i really dont want to do that again.

BigRedFord04
    I'LL DO IT!! I'LL DO IT!! can i replace your k'nooter valve while i'm down there?? I love doing that!!

ishbo03
    *** i dont konw what the hell a k'nooter valve is but go for it

BigRedFord04
    schweeeeeet!!!!

your reply reflects your title oh so well

BigRedFord04
    a jack? only sissies use jacks (that'd cost extra for him anyway). its kinda like bein' a jiggalo. lay that bitch on your chest and stab it. turn her knobs a bit until she cant take no more. and then you get paid.

Originally posted by BigRedFord04
    a jack? only sissies use jacks (that'd cost extra for him anyway). its kinda like bein' a jiggalo. lay that bitch on your chest and stab it. turn her knobs a bit until she cant take no more. and then you get paid.
    That is the best technical description I have ever seen! You should write for Chilton's!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Man ya'll are asshats. What is this guy wanting to do? Is this the same guy with the 2wd that wants to jack it up 10"?

The 203 really isn't that complicated. Something is obviously screwed in the reduction box or the shifters aren't adjusted right.

I started this doing this **** by myself only 3.5 years ago at the end of my sophmore year. Before that I had only helped mike on his bronco. Sure you are going to **** **** up and break things, but how else will you learn??

The internet is a wealth of information. Get on coloradok5.com and start researching. Ask questions and then go out to your truck and start unbolting ****.

PS I'm ****ing cool!
    1988 Blazer...RIP