aight....months ago i got the stuff from kopecki to convert the front of my truck to 8 lugs. since i had to take it apart to put adam's truck together i figured i might as well finally do that, but i'm running into trouble.

kopecki said the outers (knuckles out) were off a mid 70s chevy 3/4 ton w/ a dana 44. the 1st set of inner bearings i got were too big and i couldnt drive the races in, so i got them exchanged for ones that fit, which in the BCA book @ o'reilly's lists them fitting 77-79 chevy 3/4 ton. had to get different seals from the 1st set i got, which also list under 77-79. now that i've got all the parts, when i go to put it together i can tighten the inner spindle nut as tight as i want but it wont stop the bearings from moving like the 5-lugs stuff did when i got it too tight. when i tighten it approx. to specs it spins just fine forward, but when i spin it backwards i can hear something rubbing and cant figure out where. could i possibly have the wrong inner bearing? does the inner seal drive all the way into the hub, or just stay flush w/ the back? i'm thinking that the hub is rubbing on the nuts that hold the spindle on but cant find any evidence. if anyone can stop by and scratch their head at this problem w/ me it'd be appreciated.