Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 8-lug conversion help

Shaggy
    his license plate is xlf150 so i am guessing no

usmcagg02
    did you put all the 4x4 back together or just get it driveable in 2wd like you were talkin about?

No shafts, remember to put something to plug the holes for the outers. Those outers have a history of running without shafts, the second owner's son broke a shaft and he decided the truck wasn't worth replacing the shaft. You may like to know that the first owner was a uranium mining operation, so if they grow a 9th lug, don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by eight
    You may like to know that the first owner was a uranium mining operation, so if they grow a 9th lug, don't worry.
    ***! and you don't need a flashlight at night to change a tire...the lugs will glow a brightish green-yellow!

BigRedFord04
    right before it was all assembled i got out the engraver and put ford logos on everything what am i supposed to plug up kopecki?? everything has held together thus far...being ~300miles in a trip to dallas and drunken galavanting around town w/ nix last nite. 1st nite after it was together i thought it was leaking brake fluid from the canadian brake lines, but they've held up, it was just coming out of the axle tubes from lack of shafts. i'll get there eventually. when i do i'm going to need to replace all the studs and lugs b.c. they were a PITA to get on. someone must've hit 'em w/ a hammer a couple times.

Where the stub shaft is supposed to go through the spindle, plug that with a rag or somethin.

You do know you can't use those stub shafts? They have baby u-joints.

BigRedFord04
    yeah...i kinda figured that out when we figured out that the spindles were wrong. i need some eventually, but its not a huge concern right now.

usmcagg02
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedFord04
    someone must've hit 'em w/ a hammer a couple times.
    that wouldnt have been you would it?