Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How rare are these trucks?

How rare are these trucks?

I think these things are cool. I've seen some w/ the ghetto conversion where they use the front doors on the rear. I like the original three door models better. This would make a cool project/tow vehicle. I like the '70-'72s best. this one is a '69 model.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It would make a cool tow vehicle...

...especially with one of these under the hood and a D60/14 bolt combo down below.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

AgDieseler
    They weren't factory...I don't think. But several customers like part authorities had the conversions done. I like it, and one powered by a Dmax would be very cool, but a 12V cummins swap would be much easier.

Seems like I've seen railroad companies using trucks like that...they always seem to have weird 4door versions of old american trucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

That is very cool. I've always liked the pre-'73 body style, but I've never seen a crew cab like the one pictured. It would definitely make a sweet project.

BigRedFord04
    i just looked a bit closer and would have to say thats aftermkt. i dunno if it would be considered a crew cab if there arent any handles on the back "doors" to open them, if it does even open.

AgDieseler
    I've found this site to be a great resource for vendors, and obscure details regarding the 67-72 body style Chevies.
    http://67-72chevytrucks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedFord04
    i just looked a bit closer and would have to say thats aftermkt. i dunno if it would be considered a crew cab if there arent any handles on the back "doors" to open them, if it does even open.
    good call...I still think I've seen CCs in that body style
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

usmcagg02
    " you boys like Mex-e-co?!?!?!"
    if you wanna find wierd stuff that we dont get head south. they have all kinda body styles that we dont get(ie. scrambler length wranglers have been around forever) and since most people in mexico and south america cant afford to be buying new cars all the time they have found some pretty interesting ways of keeping them running. for example there are TONS of old fj40's in venezuela and most of them are in incredible condition...only wish i knew a way to get them back cheaply.

My friend Ken is actually driving an FJ back from Costa Rica right now. I think he got it for under $1000. He has been living down there & is in the process of moving back. It looks to be in pretty amazing condition to me.
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti
    1988 Suzuki Samurai buggy

amazing condition for sure! Cool!

And he wants to sell it when he gets here (unless he falls in love with it on the way).
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti
    1988 Suzuki Samurai buggy

usmcagg02
    Quote Originally Posted by 8Runner
    And he wants to sell it when he gets here (unless he falls in love with it on the way).

damn, he's gonna make a killing. if he sold that thing he could prolly get 7~10 grand the way those pics look!

or 20...
    that drive will probably make him fall in love with anything and everything that passes him on the way up, (especially the ones with power, wheelbase, a/c, comfortable seats, cruise control...)!

usmcagg02
    Quote Originally Posted by uglyota
    or 20...
    that drive will probably make him fall in love with anything and everything that passes him on the way up, (especially the ones with power, wheelbase, a/c, comfortable seats, cruise control...)!

i dont know about the other stuff but i'd be willing to gurantee that you will have a/c in any vehicle that was bought in a tropical rainforest country...just a thought.