Thread: trannny leaking?

cntryboy1865

trannny leaking?

my transmission is leaking out of the pan, and I can't seem to get it to stop. I bought a new seal and filter put all of that on tightened everything down filled it with fluid and it lasted a day or so then started pukeing transmission fluid again. it had a cork gasket on it, and the replacement kit came with a rubber one. Could this be problem? are there any things to do when I change the gasket again to get it to stop leaking. It is a 92 yj with an automatic.

is the pan or sealing surface bent?
    did you use any kind of sealer (ie permatex)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

BigRedFord04
    nix is having a similar problem w/ his transmission now. once he got the intermediate housing to start leaking, it blew out the pan gasket. i've heard from a few different people that its b.c. the transmission is building too much pressure, possibly b.c. of a clogged breather line. good luck. if all else fails swap in a manual.

cntryboy1865
    it says not to use permatex or any kind of gasket material, cause it could get into the tranny. I don't think that the surface is bent, I am going to try a cork gasket instead of the rubber one and see if that fixes it. If that does not work then I will probably take it to a tranny place.