Thread: chevy dana 44 and 14 bolt full float eight lug

True Hollywood Stry

chevy dana 44 and 14 bolt full float eight lug

just what it says i saw a eight lug 44 and a 14bolt at a junk yard, and i think most of these came with 3.73 gears. i dunno if they have l.s or anything i jsut saw them and asked the guy how much for them and he said 225 this was like a month ago but i am sure they are still there. they loked like they had set for a while so not sure about the bearings i jsut figured if anyone needed some axles like these i could load them on the trailer when i bring the bronco to college station. if anyone is really really interested i will go drive back out to the ghetto and see if they are still there. if you want um i would need the cash before i picked them up later. kevin
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Violentv8toy
    it was a d44 and not a 10b? im guessing they've probably got 4.10s

lemme think about going fullwidth for a bit and i'll get back to you. put me first in line....at the moment.

True Hollywood Stry
    alright yeha i am like 90 percent sure it was a 44, let me know this week if you are interested so i can go look at it and stuff, i am coming back to college station the 20th so let me know.

i searched some on pirate and it seems most f/r axle sets like this had 3.73 with some 4.10 sets but 3.73 was most popular.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Violentv8toy
    i've never seen a full floating 14 with higher than 4.1s

eitherway, im interested if you go check the condition and gearing....

True Hollywood Stry
    alright ill try and get over there by like friday and check it all out.

Violentv8toy
    results?

True Hollywood Stry
    i gonna go check it out tomorrow my dd is still in the frigin body shop so i have to steal my moms tj to go make sure they are still there whats your cell number and ill give you a call on the results.

True Hollywood Stry
    i went and checked to make sure they are still there and they are the guy wouldnt go down from 225 for both of them, i couldnt find the gear ratio for them since they were under some crap. the 44 has warn locking huns on it that work, i.e locking and unlocking them would make the axle shaft turn when i turned the pinion and seemed to move quite freely. it has all of the knuckles and stuff but no tie rod. it is complete hub to hub but if i were you i would put new bearings in it to and you will have to put new rotors on it which shouldnt be costly at all. i looked all over the internet, pirate and a few other boards and talked to my friends dad that was a gm certified mechanic for like 15 years, and i found that most of the gears are 3.73, with some having 4.10 my friends dad said the ones he worked on were half and half either 4.10 or 3.73. so if you still want them let me know soon for sure yes or no so i can go pick them up tomorrow or wed.

Violentv8toy
    nah, i'll pass....no reason to swap axles unless they're d60/14....