Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who can weld?

BeachJeepin

Who can weld?

Hi,
    Well I'm new to TAMOR and I just want to see who all has a welder (or access to a welder) in College Station. I want to see if maybe sometime someone could help me weld on some homemade rocker skid plates on my jeep. Anyone think they could help me out? I need these things on if I want to be able to really crawl.

Anyone ever made a bracket to mount a cow skull on a hood?

Thanks,
    Brandon

Eric will do it.
    You're welcome Eric!

well, since the question wasn't "who can weld WELL", then I guess I qualify.
    When are you gonna be in town?
    Sounds like this job will require at least 4 "supervisors," in addition to you and me, and we'll all be thirsty, so 30 'stones should cover it.

in effect, byotch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

True Hollywood Stry
    oh damn another person from the valley you guys better watch out or we will take over. im from mission brandon. later kevin
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

shoot, go over to mission and get the frick to do it
    and verify the existence of his rig!
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

True Hollywood Stry
    he better hurry im leavin friday and the bronco is coming on the weekend of the 5th.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

BeachJeepin
    Hell ya, I've lived in the Valley my whole life.... Sucks to be me... Aggieland is home now. took me 7 hours on thursday driving 60 mph. The Jeep becomes unstable at anything faster. Had to be there for the Dave concert on Friday. I have those freakin huge rocker skids in my dorm closet! Let's get them on. Thanks guys. Later

Quote Originally Posted by BeachJeepin
    took me 7 hours on thursday driving 60 mph. The Jeep becomes unstable at anything faster.
    sucks to be you. the scout is, or should i say was, unstable at anything between 40 and 70. after that i think its aerodynamically stabilized . you just have to push it through the turbulance. doesnt keep me from doing 80 just to keep up with traffic. took me 6 hours from fallfurrias to cs. there should be something you can do to remedy that problem. castor maybe or drag link angle?

...or wheelbase

True Hollywood Stry
    it took me like 6hours and 15 minutes from the mission to c.s so you didnt lose to mcuh time going slow.

BeachJeepin
    nahh, i've eliminated the bumpsteer.... it's because I changed my gear ratio from 3.07 to 4.88. haha yup. I did notice one problem though... Now I can feel heat radiate through my center console (not good!). I've never seen my tranny ot t-case leak before. Think it's time to add some fluid?

Okay about the rocker skids..... I had them made for cheap. They mount to the body as well as the body mounts. Only problem is that I have a body lift, so they don't mount correctly, and I don't want to cut my body pucks. Since I'm only a freshman, away from any tools, I have absolutely no way to make it work. (They are actually in the dorm closet). That's why I wanted to see if someone was willing to help me somehow find a way to make them fit. Any takers?

BeachJeepin
    Okay, anyone have an available driveway (who has a welder) so I can weld on my rocker panels this weekend? Maybe after the game if anyone is still sober..... I need to get these things on....

BeachJeepin
    okay can anyone open up there welder (and time) this weekend?

I'd help you but my welder is at work and I get privilages taken away when I (or coworkers) get caught working on other peoples' rigs.

AgDieseler
    Hey, *****, that's MY welder.