Thread: LT1 question for Fredo

LT1 question for Fredo

i read somewhere that you are not supposed to move the engine or opti-spark while the dist is off the engine. seems to me it wouldnt matter because the shaft between the two is splined so that it wont go together out-of-sync. just wondering because ive moved em both. if the shaft will only go in one way then you cant put it together wrong, correct?

fyi: i also read somewhere that vatozone now has complete remanned opti's for $130 or so with a lifetime guarantee. just in case. i bet a guy could take his non-vented in there and swap it for a vented one and they'd never know the difference.

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    that thing about the opti being moved doesn't matter...as long as the cam and the crank aren't moved out of sync. The opti only goes on one way.

Also, about your opti's from Vatozone......have you SEEN the electrical parts that they carry?? I wouldn't trust a reman opti from them to get me a block before it started crapping out.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

AgDieseler
    Ditto on the sentiment that Wells sucks. My roommate made the mistake of getting a coil for his F150 - solid state ignition. Out of the box they didn't spec out, and he ended up going with Motorcraft. Then everything was okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo
    have you SEEN the electrical parts that they carry?? I wouldn't trust a reman opti from them to get me a block before it started crapping out.

thats why i said just in case. if your broke and broke down, its an option.

let's say hypothetically speaking you were broke down on the side of the road in oh i don't know, let's go with Lake Charles, LA. I bet you would put vautozone on your car then...
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout
    let's say hypothetically speaking you were broke down on the side of the road in oh i don't know, let's go with Lake Charles, LA. I bet you would put vautozone on your car then...

didn't the hot rod power tour go through lake charles last year?

hey, anybody see a vatozone back there?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    hey, a radiator isn't an electrical component last time I checked.....hmm...odd how I didn't knock their radiators in my previous post.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)