Thread: tranny shops

cntryboy1865

tranny shops

i need a good tranny shop. any good ideas.TIA

i recommend john's transmission in bryan. they did a great job on my tahoe tranny when i was in school. still running strong after 80000 more miles. plus, you get to say larry bird worked on your tranny.

Shaggy
    this has been brought up several times... and john's transmssion always seems to have been the best pic of local shops

BigRedFord04
    search newbie

plano transmission in plano...
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Auto = Oliver Bros.
    Manual = J&P
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

what about bryan drive train, i head there good. but i've never been there personally.

BigRedFord04
    if you search for "J&P" under my name you'll see what i think of the incompetent bastards there, and why.

there is only one employee at Bryan Drivetrain, the owner, and sometimes he works slow, but does good work. will probably be a little more but its worth it to not go to J&P.

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Austin, I think you are the ONLY member of Tamor that has had a negative experience with J&P. Anybody can have an off day....that's what makes us Human.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

maybe the jeep's ready for a chevy drivetrain!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota
    maybe the jeep's ready for a chevy drivetrain!
    You rang?

cntryboy1865
    searching for old post is too much work. This one is not getting a chevy drivetrain. I have reserved that honor for my cj7. there is nothing wrong with this transmission other than the fact that it pukes transmission fluid all over the driveway. I have put a new seal on it twice already, and it still does it. I am tired a ****ing with it. I will just pay someone to fix it so I don't have to deal with it anymore.

BigRedFord04
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo
    Austin, I think you are the ONLY member of Tamor that has had a negative experience with J&P. Anybody can have an off day....that's what makes us Human.
    Twice? with the same person? doubtful.

here's a recap: i WATCHED how they install gears, and when i asked the guy if he was going to use a mic to check the play in the setup, he asked me what that was. someone there drove turner's jeep home when it was left overnite. they told me how fun it was that since i have a heavy duty bumper they could ram it and push the truck around w/ a forklift. when i asked them if they would fix the tranny that went bad after 12000 miles he basically avoided the question then told me they'd have to charge me for it. not my idea of a quality shop, customer satisfaction, customer service, reputability, or respect for the people that pay their bills.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedFord04
    i WATCHED how they install gears, and when i asked the guy if he was going to use a mic to check the play in the setup, he asked me what that was.

maybe because you use a dial indicator instead of a micrometer.

but seriously, when i went there and asked them how they did it they told me the same thing.

[redneck dude] aww, we un just spray summa that there yeller stuff on there and see how'un she looks when we'un turn er over[/redneck dude]

[me] what about the backlash?[/me]

[redneck dude] er, huh? [/redneck dude]

that kinda turned me off from using them.