Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Alto

stinger7401

Alto

Alright kiddos, the Alto trip is coming up this sunday!!! If you think you might want to go you need to come and sign up at the meeting and make sure that the Safety officer (Frick) gets your information (S.S. # and emergency contact) YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TRAVEL WITH US IF WE DON'T HAVE THEM!!!

Also if you are a new member you need to see the safety video before you can attend a trip. Stay posted for details for this.

I still have never seen that video. Nick you thank I need to?
    Last edited by stinger7401; 09-07-2004 at 02:28 PM.
    Ryan Busa
    CP# 972-281-7106
    rbusatoy@hotmail.com

Mack84
    I would like ot go but i need a ride. SO who is willing to let me tag along??

stinger7401
    Quote Originally Posted by Busa
    I still have never seen that video. Nick you thank I need to?

I don't see how you've been wheeling all these years without seeing it?? Its the golden key to proper wheeling

Quote Originally Posted by Mack84
    I would like ot go but i need a ride. SO who is willing to let me tag along???
    There should be plenty of seats, Im not taking my rig but I will be driving out there with a fresh supply of tools and good times..

usmcagg02
    i havent been before but am interested in goin. where is it? how tough are the trails? can i make it in my truck?

Stay out of the mud and you'll be fine.

To the administration: Keep the newbies out of the mud. I think the lessons learned after most every trip to Shiloh should be taken in to account. It makes for a pretty crappy day if you mess something up as soon as you get there or when your DD breaks down on the way home and someone has to come pick you up from the middle of nowhere half-drunk at 3AM.

Make sure everyone is very well warned about how bad the "little" puddles of red clay are in Alto and if possible keep everyone in a group to watch the rednecks screw their vehicles up before they try anything without knowing the depth of an unknown mud hole.

Some guys went to Ram Jam this past weekend and almost every vehicle I know anything about came back injured. A guy in WFO has a Dodge on 40s and he buried himself in a normal looking puddle and muddy ****water was seeping in the cab of the truck. That's a pretty damned deep hole...
    Last edited by bburris; 09-07-2004 at 06:07 PM.

usmcagg02
    Quote Originally Posted by bburris
    Stay out of the mud and you'll be fine.

dont know if i can do that....i'll just follow someone else through

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    lets see if we can recount the damage from the inagural TAMOR Alto trip.

Lynda's YJ - Alt. dont know what else

Brandee's TJ 0- Alt

Brett's TJ - Motor

Kawasaki's Wagoneer - blew the starter into about a hundred pieces

Shoeless Joes Blazer - blew up the 10 bolt

Jason Merek's TJ - i think it took out an axleshaft there

Steve Luchack's Sammy - burned up a clutch

Anyone else think of anything?
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

crawlingno5
    didnt that one guy with the blue z71 burned up something b/c he kept revving his engine to get the ac colder?

crawlingno5
    Keep the newbies out of the mud.
    BOOOOOOOOOOO.. theres cheap entertainment in that..

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crawlingno5
    didnt that one guy with the blue z71 burned up something b/c he kept revving his engine to get the ac colder?
    Blue Z71? you mean Aaron Weldon? his was teal and it was auto....but if i remember correctly his had some kind of damage and had to have it towed back by some girl that was ran off by a former member of this club (HUHHUH...I GHAT LOCKA....HUHHUH). on the way back something happened and her truck ran off into the ditch fawking both of them up.
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

Shaggy
    i burnt my clutch up in my isuzu there and blew the brand new engine and broke the frame of the bronco there... i have always driven there and trailored back... stay away from the mud

crawlingno5
    teal blue, whatever.. same thing.. i also bent an exhaust tip

Mud King
    STAY CLEAR OF ANYTHING THAT RESEMBLES MUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got water in motor, burnt up fan clutch, ruined first centerforce, seized a starter, totally roasted the radiator, broke one of the plugs off in the block drove home on five cylinders, oh yeah and the winch drinked up a whole bunch of water, had to break it all apart and repack it with grease! What a great trip!!!!

Violentv8toy
    chevy cv.

the mud is ok, just stay out of the pooled water. just stay out of the pooled water. just stay out of the pooled water. And stay out of the pooled water.

but if you do venture into the water, go get a camera.