Thread: electric fan

aggiemudman

electric fan

im wanting to swap an electric fan into my 84 chevy but am curious as to what size fan will be adequate. Do i need dual fans? will one fan do? what brand, or what vehicle has one that will cool my 350? want one that can handle daily driver and offroad.

Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout
    I can't believe I am going to say this on our board, but try searching...I'm not trying to be a dick, but we covered this in pretty deep detail about a month or so ago.

http://tamor.org/forums/showthread.p...&highlight=fan

http://tamor.org/forums/showthread.p...&highlight=fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

usmcagg02
    if you have the money thow down on a dual flex-a-lite set up. its gonna work the best.

savvyaggie
    Fan cfm is related to the HP and CID.... If you are cheap like me you can do what I did.. I ran a dual fan setup that came out of a Z28.... I put it in a a 1994 chevrolet truck(350cid with about 250hp - appox.), it took very little modifications, I had it installed in about 30 minutes.... I then installed an ajustable thermostat $26(autozone).... It worked great.... But if i was in stop-and-go for a while the temp would slightly rise, but it never overheated.... I might have one left over in my shop.... I can look if you would like...

Quote Originally Posted by savvyaggie
    I might have one left over in my shop.... I can look if you would like...
    and if he doesn't, I would...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools