Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Atlas II Transfercase

Shaggy
    i read about that earlier... what can you do with a triple stick that cant be done with twinsticks

AgDieseler
    Triple stick comes from having a twin sticked 205 plus a 203 range box. You can run front in 2:1 lo or 4:1 lo. Once again, more options.

Shaggy
    ok i get it

the vendor that eight mentioned is stazworks.

http://www.stazworks.com/doublers.html

ORD has a good product too, but last I checked they were still quite a bit more than the stazworks one.

The prices is pretty good, and its clockable for a flat belly. Its gives you the most options, and is relatively easy to do, versus the klune, which I have always heard can be kinda tempermental to get lined up right.

Shaggy
    should i spend the time searching junkyards for a 203 and 205 and rebuild them or should i just try to find some online that are already rebuilt

Shaggy
    this is a pretty good website i found that has specs on a lot of transfer cases
    http://www.offroaders.com/info/tech-...rans/trans.htm

fbronco86
    does anyone know about how much just that shaft would cost to make? I have all the stuff to make a doubler but i am cheap I can make everything else but the shaft.

do a search on the yota part of pirate for D300 by DSI. He built a home brew yota to d300 adapter, and built his own shaft. Perhaps that can give you an idea of the price and where to go to get it done.

As for rebuilding the cases, to tell you the truth, I wouldn't really bother unless there was major signs of leaking or something. Both of those cases are pretty strong, and you're junking the only real weak link on the 203, which is the chain drive in the back of the case. I've helped swap several of these into different trucks, and never rebuilt a thing, and they run fine. Junkyards or swap meets are great places to get these things. What kind of prices are you looking at for a rebuilt one? The biggest concern is what is it gonna take to attach the 203 to your C6? Was it a factory option?

I agree about not rebuilding it. If you find one that is out of a wrecked vehicle or one with a blown motor or something you'll be fine. The seals are the only things that might need attention, but I doubt many people even change those.

Shaggy
    im not sure what kind of adapter it will take to put a 203 on a c6... i guess i need to look at that too

BigRedFord04
    i put together a 205 and 203 with a triple stick from ORD when i worked at Vilas. it was definately bad arse, i wanted one. you should have plenty of wheelbase to keep angles down right?

yes, rebuilding them is a pain...pull it and run it, change the fluid if you think its needed. people dont run them b.c. they're pieces of sh!t that need to be rebuilt all the time.

If it were me I'd rebuild them if they aren't in imaculate shape. I know it would be a pain in the ass and more expensive, but most of the 203's and 205's I've seen have been in poor shape, they're just so old. I just think it'd be easier to do it now than a few months or years down the road.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Here's a writeup on the ORD doubler
    http://coloradok5.com/orddoubler.shtml
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Shaggy
    thanks but i too can find sites that come up in the top 5 in google search

i think he might have been just tryin to help out