Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Tax write off

chevsu
    i drive my jeep down the highway alot, thats the main reason i built it like the way it is. i don't drive it slow on the highway i usually run 70-75 so the cv joint is probably the best option. the flange on the cv that bolts to the x-fer case is the one that keeps breaking. my 1350 cv will go a little more that 20 degrees and sits at 19 degrees at ride height.

So why not bump up to a 1410 CV?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

chevsu
    i don't think it can handle the highway speeds. the guys at high angle said the 1350 was the biggest i could get and still drive down the highway at speeds faster than 30 mph.

Ah, well that sucks. I think I saw on pirate that Jess was working on some kind of new u-joint that was capable of like 40 degrees. It looked like it came from some kind of agricultural application and I dont know how highway friendly it is but it might be worth looking into.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

he calls it a 42 degree CV. says its "comparable" to a 1410. he also states its not for highway use. whats the point then?
    Last edited by agjohn02; 08-28-2006 at 05:36 PM.

It's also effin' huge. I run one on the front shaft in the Scout. Think coffee can, seriously.

EDIT: No on the highway speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun
    It's also effin' huge. I run one on the front shaft in the Scout. Think coffee can, seriously.

EDIT: No on the highway speeds.

what do you have on the back?