Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gilmer Trip, Oct 9

fbronco86
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody_91YJ
    thats true...its probably used to it being the other way around right?

if that is the case we are screwed

Quote Originally Posted by eight
    Well, I'm in. Can't leave untill late friday, which will put me at BMRA about midnight. Sum*****en diverse TA switched a lab to 4:10 fridays......

Jordan, get that trailer that fits two and we'll split fuel 40/60.
    Hey Kopeki can I hitch a ride with you? I'll pitch in on gas as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    Hey Kopeki can I hitch a ride with you? I'll pitch in on gas as well
    Sure. Can allways use help on gas too. Was nice back in the day when I could drive to Llano, wheel 2 days, drink a 30 pack, buy food, and make it back under $100.

Hey Mike why not bring the bronco?

savvyaggie
    i am going to check on the 2 car hauler tomorrow(tues), I should be able to get it(bumper pull 2 5/8inch ball). The only problem is that it is kind short. It was a homemade job that he made for his 2 jeeps. I will have to measure it and see. How long is your cj8(bumper to bumper and wheel base). We might have to put a short jeep and one of ours on that trailer(such as cody's) and the other of the two on cody's trailer?? I will weasure it and see, any ideas. Who is going to pull it.

I'm not gonna haul a bronco and my jeep on a bumper pull. That's too much wieght. I was assuming it was a gooseneck. It'd have to have 4 working brakes and a weight distributing hitch for me to consider it. I have a 3/4 ton dodge, usually just flat tow the jeep.
    Last edited by eight; 10-04-2004 at 11:03 PM.

savvyaggie
    I know, I agree.... He has a gooseneck 2-car hauler also(that I was planning on getting), but he is using it that weekend.. I will see if I can fine another one..... The bumper pull trailer, actually has seperated axles(F*****up design),but it does result in less tung weight, but it is still a lot of weight to stop. I'll check... That is why I said but one of ours on a seperate trailer and pull someone elses Jeep, on that trailer to lower the weight. I might have another source for a 2 car hauler I will check tomorrow and see

Shaggy
    how long is this trailor... i cant see a bumper pull fitting two jeeps on it... and a bronco and a jeep is even less believable... do you know how much your bronco weighs... it is atleast 6000... i wouldnt put more than one on a bumper pull anyways... that is just what i think

savvyaggie
    He brought his 2 jeeps on it every month to go wheeling before he got the gooseneck, it is long enough, I went with him a few times. This it not his, but one similiar, that I jsut found a pick of, compare........... Both of which are rated at the same weight, 14,000lbs.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by savvyaggie; 10-05-2004 at 12:14 AM.

savvyaggie
    Like I said, I will try to find a Gooseneck tomorrow, but 2 jeeps on a bumper-pull is very possible...No its a fact.....

But I did not think that broncos were that HEAVY....

Shaggy
    my bronco is well over 7000

fbronco86
    Hey Mike why not bring the bronco?
    the bronco is in h-town and never fixed the steering

fbronco86
    I have a 3/4 ton dodge and my cats name is mittens
    ok kids looks like i am gonna be pulling cody up to gilmer this weekend. Cody let me know what the details are gonna be.

savvyaggie
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy
    my bronco is well over 7000
    1995 Bronco
    Wheelbase 104.7"
    Overall Length 183.6"
    Curb Weight 4,587 lbs.
    Seating Capacity (Std/Max) 5/N/R
    Towing Capacity (Std/Max) 3,000/N/R

Curb Weight: The empty weight of a vehicle including all factory options and accessories. For cars & trucks, this usually (but not always) includes at least half a tank of fuel and 1 person (driver) at 150 lbs.

And considering I have no doors, no top, no bumpers, and basically no interior. I would have to saftly say that I am well under your 7000lb bronco.

Shaggy
    put it on a scale... you will be supprised