Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Military Jeep Trailer

Military Jeep Trailer

This was posted on another board, figured I'd pass it along. Great deal on a Jeep trailer...if I wasn't so damn poor I'd buy it myself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

usmcagg02
    not a bad lookin trailer but i've never seen a "military" trailer like that. he's prolly just as full o **** as the rest of us.

jwingfield2k
    umm, thats not such a very good deal. i got a 5x8 with 4ft sides welded wire stuff with drop down gate single axle for 600. brand new.

Its an M416 Military Jeep trailer, ****ty ones typically go for twice the buy it now price, they're usually kinda hard to find. For that trailer, its a good deal.

http://members.aol.com/brimiljeep/We...ailerPage.html

EDIT: People typically want 'em b/c they were built to have the living **** beaten outta them, and come back asking for more.

Last edited by TexTJ209; 10-01-2004 at 06:42 PM.

JeepsterJayson
    I know the trailor is cheap ****, but that Land Rover is not. Thats a defender 90 Right?

Yup, Defender 90.

but its not a pintle hook anymore, regular ball. so, thats half the fun gone. plus, you can buy em on 6 just south of college station.

Hmm...didn't even notice the pintle was gone. Definitely no fun that way. Where at on 6?

so what would anyone here pay for one of these trailers, just out of curiosity?
    I'm talking if I could come up with one (or more) in, I dunno, 2 or 3 weeks?
    also--just hypothetically of course--what kind of axles do you think these are?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

the trailers i was talking about are about 5-10 miles south of cs on the west side of 6.

those are planetary axles like are on heavy equipment. that truck was most likely for towing aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02
    that truck was most likely for towing aircraft.
    right you are. are they worth anything?

I understand the guy on 6 wants an arm and a leg for his trailers. I may be able to get them cheap
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

ive always though they'd be hella sweet on a crawler. only problem i see is ive never seen em with an offset front pumpkin. all the ones ive seen were centered up. could be why that truck sits so high. they're super heavy but very strong. its kinda like a mog axle without the offset in the portal. an inline portal if you will. look at that pic of the tractor picking up the scout in my buildup thread, its got the same kind of axle in the front, as does our backhoe.

i priced those trailers on 6 and i seem to remember them being expensive.
    Last edited by agjohn02; 11-10-2004 at 03:24 PM.

okay, just googled it up. I always wondered how planetary gears worked...doesn't look as strong as regular gears to me

BigRedFord04
    [hijack]shouldnt that "buildup thread" be in Projects and Buildups? its turned into a little more than a thead about a kickass scout motor. attn: webmaster[/hijack]

since you're flaming me in the other thread... ill let you figure it out on your own. [soup nazi voice] NO HELP FOR YOU ![/soup nazi voice]