Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anybody Got Wood?

AgDieseler
    Installed, and working out some kinks. The driveshaft angle is 11* & the pinion angle is about 2.5*, so some shimming is in order.

There is some decent vibration from 50 mph on up. I expect a minimum of 7* should fix most of that.

That's juicy:

BigRedFord04
    Quote Originally Posted by AgDieseler
    Ordered a 1350 CV slip shaft, 3.5" diameter. Should be here Friday. 57 5/8" long!
    HA! joo arre a POOCY! mi chaff is 60.75 eenches long!

compensating as always....gotta make up for 141.5" of wheelbase somewhere....but that length was after the D60 swap which entailed trimming 3.5" out of the d-shaft.

AgDieseler

Pee-nay-lope, what a beautiful name

Okay, so the shaft is doesn't have enough compression. Minimum is 1", and I have half that. So, after talking with Tom this morning, the shaft is getting sent back, trimmed, and he's going to return it to me with some 6* shims - free!

Now that's customer service.
    Last edited by AgDieseler; 10-11-2004 at 12:23 PM.

AgDieseler
    Got the shaft back today, and got it installed. So far so good.

I got upgraded to the 4" diameter tube and 6* shims for free. Sweet. The shims made the pinion and shaft angle within 3* of each other - nearly perfect.

And the catch:
    Upon disassembly, one u-bolt sheared clean off. Nice. So I finished putting the shims in, and back together with 3.5 u-bolts holding stuff together. It's sitting at the shop since I dare not drive it in gimp form. I'll slap on one of the spares I have tomorrow night. Then I'll have something substantive to post, so I guess this is padding.

Some pics:

I hear you can weld ubolts together for a quick (read: short-lived) fix
    right Austin?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

BigRedFord04
    the man speaks the truth. and once again, just for clarification...this was NOT my idea...i was just following orders from the Lance Corporal.

AgDieseler
    Okay, so now it's back together with an old stock u-bolt. New ones will arrive tomorrow. No vibrations to speak of. Driveshaft angle is just under 13*, and the pinion angle is right at 10*.

I love this shaft. It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

Shaggy
    i gotta shaft i think you would love