Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: project bronco

project bronco

well i picked up a new toy this morning from a guy in austin. It is going to need some work and a motor but if all goes well I should have it up and going for less then 2k. the body is ugly, but it has no rust. a couple holes have been cut, i dont know why but its still solid. I'll try and pick up a 351 or a 400 somewhere. or if it doesnt work out, then i'll just part it.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by william_ace; 10-06-2004 at 02:04 AM.

savvyaggie
    Now 2 camo broncos in Tamor.... but i think i like my $22 paintjob a little better....
    Last edited by savvyaggie; 10-04-2004 at 12:46 PM.

a bit down on the list, but that ugly shaz has gotta go.

savvyaggie
    Yea, it is pretty rough....but at least it has a slid front axle, unlike my sh!tty ttb.

Shaggy
    did that thing used to have a v6 in it?... i cant tell but those headers look that way from the pic

Shaggy
    nevermind... the farthest bracket on the back is just broken ofv

yeah the headers are shot for sure, the flange is broken. i guess that happened when they were pulling the motor. im going to try and do a little work on it this weekend. stuff that i can do relatively for free. like moving the coil buckets down 2 inches, shackle flip in the rear. sand down the body, look for a motor. stuff like that.
    Last edited by william_ace; 11-14-2004 at 01:14 AM.

True Hollywood Stry
    man i bet we can get it driven for around a grand motor shouldnt be to expensive , neither on the steering column. on a side not i jsut went and looked at it and let me say that if my bronco had that straight of a body i would i wouldnt have big plans of destorying it i would be driving it around town with like 35's nice paint and a efi motor. cant wait to get that beast running.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

did a little work today on it. thanks kevon for helpin. cleaned out the inside, got all the nasty old blankets and stuff out. tried to figure out the goofy gas tank in there, pulled off some molding on the outside to see the origional yellow color, pulled the dash on the inside to check the wiring. took of the broken door pannels. hopfully this weekend i'll have time to do some of the bigger work on it. pressure wash the underneath and clean it all up. take the coils and coil buckets out. probably wont have time for the rear. but we'll see. if anyone wants to jack around with it for a couple hours on saturday or sunday let me know. i can bring out some cold beer and jazz like that.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

F is for Frick?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

no F is for "fords suck"

Moose
    so, i'm guessin it didn't have the c6 otherwise you'd be sayin stuff like 460 or L&L conversions and the like.

they're a blast to drive around town. it's good to see more old old full size broncos in the club. you can't really beat a potential big block, c6, np205, 9", & D44. what else do you need beside maybe a link instead of a radius arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose
    what else do you need beside maybe a link instead of a radius arm.
    Lower gears, bigger axles, and less weight.

Moose
    Quote Originally Posted by eight
    Lower gears, bigger axles, and less weight.
    if they were built on a 3/4 or 1 ton chasis, i'd call me a jacka$$ for opening my mouth too soon.

yeah its got a c6 in it. i would do a 460 but damn that would be an expencive conversion. i am trying to do this for relativly cheap, so the gears and axles will come later. Im hopfully going to loose the top and doors and dove tail the rear. And if i ever get good with the tourch i may try the front. so potentially 460 if i find one cheap, or a 400, its got a 203 and the 9 inch and 44. but the 9 inch has been big time ghetto fabbed so i'll prolly be gettin a new one. post up some ideas if you got some.